Leatherneck Reacts to Bin Laden death from 2230 1 May, REAL TIME comments - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Why is there so much "conversation" in the news that Bin LAden was "buried at sea?"

And why would that be a practical disposal of THAT body?

How much more -unless Bin Laden's head was removed and preserved- could Pandaora's Box be opened for those who read a conspiracy-in-progress?

If there was such a "buria,l" it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)

Quote Originally Posted by EGA1957 View Post
    Why is there so much "conversation" in the news that Bin LAden was "buried at sea?"

How much more -unless Bin Laden's head was removed and preserved- could Pandaora's Box be opened for those who read a conspiracy-in-progress?

If there was such a "buria,l" it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)
    Well military analysts stated that IF OBL was actually buried on our soil that terror extremists would glorify the gravesite. Now I believe THAT part of it at least....!!! But you're still right to question it.

Quote Originally Posted by EGA1957 View Post

If there was such a "burial", it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)

Official: Bin Laden buried at sea

By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press
    Mon May 2, 3:40 am ET

WASHINGTON – A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea.

After bin Laden was killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

The official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not immediately say where that occurred.

I wonder what will be, or was, done with the adult son's body?

Wouldn't the spawn of a cherished leader be exalted the same as the "absent" father?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I always imagined the death of Bin Laden ending up in celebrations equal to those of Return of the Jedi. It was great to see americans celebrating, but I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was.
    Just my $0.02

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StateFarm2011 View Post
    I always imagined the death of Bin Laden ending up in celebrations equal to those of Return of the Jedi. It was great to see americans celebrating, but I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was.
    Just my $0.02
    Too much separation from 9-11 until now. If we'd been hit with more biggies during the past nine-years, then there would be bigger celebrations.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    WASHINGTON – The U.S. used multiple means to confirm the identity of Osama bin Laden during and after the firefight in which he was killed, before placing his body in the North Arabian Sea from aboard a U.S. aircraft carrier, senior U.S. officials said Monday.

The al-Qaida leader was identified by name by a woman believed to be one of his wives — bin Laden had several — who was present at his Pakistan compound at the time of the U.S. raid. He also was visually identified by members of the U.S. raid squad, a senior intelligence official told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. Under ground rules set by the Pentagon, the intelligence official and two senior defense officials could not be identified by name.

The intelligence official also said quite a bit of unspecified material was collected by U.S. forces during the raid. Without describing the material, the official said it is being analyzed by a team of people at the CIA.

The officials said bin Laden was killed toward the end of the firefight, which took place overnight Monday in a building at a compound north of Islamabad, the Pakistani capital. His body was put aboard the USS Carl Vinson and placed into the North Arabian Sea.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Show me the death fax..........

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Confiirmed: SEAL team Six did the deed. Team Six is the elite of the elite based out of Dam Neck, VA. It is only one of two of the so called Tier One counter-terrorism groups, the other being Delta Force

"Acting on intelligence painstakingly gathered since August, U.S. attack helicopters crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan on Sunday and inserted a Navy SEALs unit known as “Team Six.” Within an hour, the legendary, elite unit had surrounded a high-walled compound and shot the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Inside the labyrinth of the compound, which was located about 20 miles north of Islamabad and not far from a Pakistani military training facility, the SEALs unit came face to face with bin Laden and in an intense fire fight, the Al Qaeda leader was shot in the head and killed."

SEAL team 6 hasnt been active for years. You are thinking DevGRU. No, they are not the same thing

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    SEAL team 6 hasnt been active for years. You are thinking DevGRU. No, they are not the same thing
    You are correct, that why it's in quotes in the article. But yes it is DEVGRU Six was dissolved in '87 and DEVGRU was formed. But thanks for the correction, much appreciated

"The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), commonly known as DEVGRU and informally by its former name SEAL Team Six (ST6)"

Marine Free Member bonedaddy0313's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    It makes me that much more elated to know that one of our own put a "double tap" in the head of that douchebag, and a not a spook,drone or whoever.....

Will we ever know who pumped those rounds into his cocksucker?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Master Guns when the books come out we will. BTW you and I both refer to DEVGRU as Team Six, are we really that old? Well hell I'm much older than you.........

Until we find out which SEAL double-tapped OBL, this guy will do until we find out.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...6/21/Elian.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Maybe on a need to know.

Thread Information