Leatherneck Reacts to Bin Laden death from 2230 1 May, REAL TIME comments - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    The part that I got choked up at was the "and zero Americans were hurt in the assault" part. I am so proud of our special operators.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Agreed Dave, with him dead a lot of the financing also dies. He was a multi millionaire who I'm sure funded many if not all of the operations

Perhaps this thread could be saved and locked sometime in the future because it recorded many of our feelings and reactions while waiting for the official news
    Yeah, but now that Obama has taken out Osama, there is no more need for our military. So it can all be dismantled now. Shows over folks, everybody go back to what you were doing before 2001

Credits
    Savings
    If I may put a slightly different slant on things gentlemen. Two things stand out in my "Larsonesque" mind.

Ozzie must have ****ed off the Mafia, who surely had holdings in the World Trade centre; he's the first Camel Jockey to receive Gucci Shoes care of the USN and US special forces; obviously the Corleone clan now extends into the USN. Long may he keep the denizens of Davy Jones Locker amused, and fed.

Well done to all those involved in the successful operation. Keep up the good work, there must have been some rapid redeployments amongst the unwashed once the news got out.

Regardless of any discussion as to which unit should be sent in, Army Special Forces, Marine Recon, or Navy Seals, it was nice to have our military guys get the job and not some anonymous CIA unit getting the credit.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by R Landry View Post
    Regardless of any discussion as to which unit should be sent in, Army Special Forces, Marine Recon, or Navy Seals, it was nice to have our military guys get the job and not some anonymous CIA unit getting the credit.
    Ron.

And not one of our men were killed, that truly is the best news for me

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....if "YOU" believe the so-called "facts" of this "BIG LIE", you are REALLY part of the herd of SHEEP!
    My guess: Osama was killed long ago, and this "new" B.S. was staged, to give our President some leverage.
    The Prez will gain popular support, and be able to use leverage to gain political points.
    Where's the BODY??......we'll see!.....
    DAN.....don't be so EASILY led!!....

I feel some satisfaction, but not elation. I guess I keep thinking of all those we lost in 9-11, and the fact that this was a battle victory and not the war. These fanatics will never stop until they get what they want, to kill us and die for their twisted idealistic vision of Allah,,
    we will oblige them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Should've stayed in his cave...worked for 10 years.
    He hasn't lived in a cave since he escaped from Tora Bora. There have been rumors he was living in one high-end compound or another in Paki since then.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    It's actually pretty amazing that they DID get him, given his skill in hiding for all that time. That's what makes me think that if we got him, the second, third, fourth in command, down the line, will not be as tough to catch as he was, and I'm sure those operations are in place as we speak.

Dave not that it matters but for posterity and my own curiosity, has it been confirmed which group of our elite forces were involved? Have not been able to find anything online

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_S...ations_Command

Here it is again, this is the unit they mentioned over and over again without details, of course, as they can hardly be expected to tell more right now

JSOC
    Thanks Dave, read where it was a 40 minute fire fight, 1 of 4 helos went down, no US KIA.

The thing that amazes me is that the WH was able to keep this under their collective hats for so many months and got the mission completed. Its no wonder at all that the POTUS has look so tired for some time now. Great job.

[quote=DocGreek;764767]....if "YOU" believe the so-called "facts" of this "BIG LIE", you are REALLY part of the herd of SHEEP!
    I'm thinking the same way.
    I guess I'm a "doubting Thomas".
    Why wasn't body packed in dry ice and shipped to U.S. ?
    If this is a way for a political step up I find it **** poor to use a fighting force such as the Navy Seals to gain votes and belittle their name...
    I pray that Osama is dead for sure....

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamielang1951 View Post
    I feel some satisfaction, but not elation. I guess I keep thinking of all those we lost in 9-11, and the fact that this was a battle victory and not the war. These fanatics will never stop until they get what they want, to kill us and die for their twisted idealistic vision of Allah,,
    we will oblige them.
    I want to thank you Jamie. You have expressed my feeling exactly, without turning the unbeleivably good news into a political statement. We should be celibrating the end of a mass murderer, and the what ever comfort this might provide the families of the fallen. Well Done, SEALS.

"Fair Winds, and Following Seas" Sempre Fidalis! Ken

They are giving the credit to Navy Seal Team 6 this morning.

One retired general claims Team 6 is comprised of only the top Seals sorta like an all-star team and it's primary mission is to take out high value targets like OBL.

I'm glad the Seals are on our side. You can bet OBL's buddies are wishing the same thing!

They keep reporting OBL's body was buried at sea. In other words, they kicked his body out of the chopper as soon as it was over the ocean. Can you say shark bait!

Credits
    Savings
    Confiirmed: SEAL team Six did the deed. Team Six is the elite of the elite based out of Dam Neck, VA. It is only one of two of the so called Tier One counter-terrorism groups, the other being Delta Force

"Acting on intelligence painstakingly gathered since August, U.S. attack helicopters crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan on Sunday and inserted a Navy SEALs unit known as “Team Six.” Within an hour, the legendary, elite unit had surrounded a high-walled compound and shot the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Inside the labyrinth of the compound, which was located about 20 miles north of Islamabad and not far from a Pakistani military training facility, the SEALs unit came face to face with bin Laden and in an intense fire fight, the Al Qaeda leader was shot in the head and killed."

Thread Information