Leatherneck Reacts to Bin Laden death from 2230 1 May, REAL TIME comments - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAce2212 View Post
    Exactly how I feel.. Now he's dead, but what does that mean for all of us still in Afghanistan, and Pakistan etc. Now what? We're definetly not just gonna pack up and come home tomorrow, so what does his death really do for us, besides bringin a little closure. Looking at the big picture here.
    This is along the same questions I have Corporal..

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAce2212 View Post
    Exactly how I feel.. Now he's dead, but what does that mean for all of us still in Afghanistan, and Pakistan etc. Now what? We're definetly not just gonna pack up and come home tomorrow, so what does his death really do for us, besides bringin a little closure. Looking at the big picture here.
    Agreed Cpl. No you're coming home any time soon. He may be dead but life and war still go on. It wasn't and isn't about one individual but a concept, an ideal if you will. I read this morning the Taliban announced their Spring offensive as if we Americans talk about Spring training.A 12 yo boy detonated a bomb and killed 6 people this morning. You can't defend against that

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....Gentlemen, ever since 9/11, "CELLS" have been formed all over the "Christian" world. Most...operate independently.
    TEN years to put him down?? Do you "people" REALLY believe that B.S.??
    How did the relatives of 6 million dead Jews react to the death of Hitler?? Some of YOU, are STILL in the DARK....EH?.....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post
    just heard Navy SEALS were involved......
    If true Fair Winds to all those brave men

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Keep goin' "SQUIDLY" Dan!!......DOIN' just fine!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Keep goin' "SQUIDLY" Dan!!......DOIN' just fine!
    Thanks "Squidly" Doc......

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    No my friend not weird just human. If this had happened in 5/02 then you would be jumping up and down but it's been nearly 10 years. Time can dull the emotions. I feel well he's dead, so now what? Where do we go from here?
    You got it sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I don't think it's just one more idiot off the books, I think it is a very big deal to his buddies. Huge effect on them.

News says "joint special ops", so maybe the USMC was in there somewhere
    Just remember that JSOC is the umbrella command for Delta, SEALS, Rangers, AFSOC, and MARSOC.

This is the kind of thing Delta was formed to do. Usually wherever Delta operates, Rangers will be close as backup.

We'll see what comes out over the next few days. It sounds like the CIA was heavily involved in surveillance work.

And not to throw cold water on this by any means, but I recall seeing photos of Marines, in the Pacific, listening to the radio announcing Hitler was dead. Five minutes later...they were back 'at it'....assaulting Japanese positions. The war wasn't over for them. It's not over for 'us' either....and I fear this will not exactly make things easier, as these dirtbags are not the Wehrmacht...and even THEY kept fighting for a time. No, not over by any means.

It's nice to see a bunch of drunken college kids waving American flags and chanting USA USA in front of the white house....and where you are Commander.

All quiet at my post.

Be interesting to see if there's any validity to (unconfirmed at this point) that attack "was on a mansion in or near the Pakistani capitol of Islamabad."

If so, so much for Pakistani's Intelligence community when it comes to sgaring with Westerners.

Large celebrations reported near 'Ground Zero' in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by EGA1957 View Post
    Be interesting to see if there's any validity to (unconfirmed at this point) that attack "was on a mansion in or near the Pakistani capitol of Islamabad."

If so, so much for Pakistani's Intelligence community when it comes to sgaring with Westerners.

Its already on Google maps bro.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...google/238116/

If I were intell I'd be kicking my self in the azz for not checking there. Doh!
    Just kidding lol.

That's hilarious and sad at the same time.

This is a historic moment. However, this doesn't mean that we are in the clear. Al-Qaeda is gonna be Hell bent on revenge now. We still should be vigilant and alert.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    And not to throw cold water on this by any means, but I recall seeing photos of Marines, in the Pacific, listening to the radio announcing Hitler was dead. Five minutes later...they were back 'at it'....assaulting Japanese positions. The war wasn't over for them.

It's nice to see a bunch of drunken college kids waving American flags and chanting USA USA in front of the white house....and where you are Commander.

All quiet at my post.
    I'm at Boston University in the History Dept. And yes they were chanting USA USA, now it's quieted down. Back to their "realty" Will Daddy sent me enough money so I can have the oil changed in my BMW? But to be honest the best students I have met have been in ROTC both Army and Navy. They tend to take history classes so I meet quite a few. Would be proud if anyone of them were my son or daughter. They actually stand when I walk into class, say yes/no sir etc. Odd for the northeast

Thread Information