Marine Corps Security Forces (PRP) MOS Description?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Marine Corps Security Forces (PRP) MOS Description?

The title says it all. I did conduct a few searches, but I want to make sure what I found is still up to date. I'm basically looking for feedback from Marines that have this MOS or have had it. My main question is what can I expect to do under this MOS and if you have had this MOS, what did you personally think about it? I'm also curious as to what a FAST team is. Any feedback will help. Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by SchmoyerT View Post
    The title says it all. I did conduct a few searches, but I want to make sure what I found is still up to date. I'm basically looking for feedback from Marines that have this MOS or have had it. My main question is what can I expect to do under this MOS and if you have had this MOS, what did you personally think about it? I'm also curious as to what a FAST team is. Any feedback will help. Thanks a lot in advance!
    You are going to work on rotating shifts, sometimes 12 on, 12 off, sometimes 8 on, 8 off, 8 on reaction force - for a week, two, three weeks to a month at a time - inside the wire. You could be a week on, a week off, and a week as reaction force.

PRP means you are guarding nukes and/or other special weapons and equipment. The MOS is 8152 - Marine Security Force Guard, same as FAST, and non-PRP commands.

During your time inside the wire you will be owned by the mission. It is boring, not glorious, and not always fun duty that has to be done -- it will sometimes drive you crazy, other times it will drive you to want the fleet. You will spend your off time polishing your boots, weapons, and equipment only to go on a training run that you did the day before getting your clean and polished gear all jacked up.

FAST is much different and there is way too much information out there for me to cover.

The good part of the job is you will shoot more weapons then most 03's ever shoot in a career, get more school opportunities than most fleet grunts, and be exposed to opportunities and people that can/should make life outside the Corps much more interesting.

Incomplete profile. Deleted until I see one. Fail to follow site rules.

Thread Information