Female MOS for an Officer
Create Post

Female MOS for an Officer

I have just graduated college and am considering becoming a Marine. I would be joining as an unrestricted line officer. I have researched the different MOS available for this type of officer and for a female. I'm unsure of what MOS I should consider. Any advice?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sb123 View Post
    I have just graduated college and am considering becoming a Marine. I would be joining as an unrestricted line officer. I have researched the different MOS available for this type of officer and for a female. I'm unsure of what MOS I should consider. Any advice?

First of all you need to fill in your profile, site rules. Thank you!!

What are you interested in doing? With the exception of ground combat women can do just about anything in the Corps

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for filling in your profile. BTW, not a lot of Women Marine Officers aboard LN, in fact I have yet to encounter any.

Moved to 'Ask a Marine'.

Quote Originally Posted by sb123 View Post
    SB,

As you may or may not know, you can serve in any Combat Service Support MOS (ie: logistics, comptroller, all the intels, adjutant, supply, etc) as well as aviation and the legal side. The only MOSs not open to female Marines are the combat arms MOSs: Infantry, Artillery, AAVs, Tanks, Low Altitude Air Defense (LAAD), and certain areas of Combat Engineering (can't remember the specific breakdown).

I came into The Basic School with a very open mind and did not have a strong preference for any one MOS. Read up on the different MOSs and perhaps you will develop an interest in one of the fields. Remember, that in the end you will be a Marine first no matter the MOS, which on the officer side, isn't guaranteed in the first place. Try checking out the www.marineocs.com forum. You will find a pretty decent description on each MOS, and there are more officers on there that might be able to answer more specific questions. Good luck.

Thread Information