Electric Shaver at MCT?
Create Post

Electric Shaver at MCT?

Can we use/take electric shavers to MCT?

(recently graduated 110422, on boot leave and preparing/packing for MCT)

Yes Sir.

You might want to check on that once you get to MCT. Alot of electric shavers don't shave as close as a straight razor. I've seen some pretty epic ass chewings over it.

Take it with you. WHen back in the barracks use a razor but the field is the field. electric razor is better than dry shaving. Plus it shows you care

How does the electric razor work in the field? What do you plug it into? Maybe, that's why it doesn't shave as close as a blade

The ones they buy at bootcamp are battery operated. I mean its nothing special but they used them in bootcamp. Its not a super clean smooth shave but it gets the job done if you go over the same spots multiple times. If the do have a plug in electrical I guess they are SOL, " but Pvt. didnt know any better."

In the field?

I have one that has lasted honestly like 3 months without charging...

When the hell did they start letting you use electric razors in boot??? Never heard of that nonsense! Probably use them during Marine Week?

We were only allowed to use them when we are in the field. We still shave after the baby wipe hygiene even in the field. We were not allowed to use them when back at the squadbays.

s4m222 pm a moderator since you rate the Title. Enjoy your ten days and have fun in MCT. Some people will not be offered the opportunity to play with those weapon systems again.

Makes sense though, you don't want to get all pimply and **** because dirt and grime gets into your skin when you run a blade across it out in the field. Not like anyone really gives a frolick how good your shave is out there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAce2212 View Post
    When the hell did they start letting you use electric razors in boot??? Never heard of that nonsense! Probably use them during Marine Week?
    I don't remember anyone being allowed to. I didn't even see them for sale there but I may not have noticed. Remember drill instructors and Marines from the broke dick platoon also shop there on occasion, there's plenty of stuff that recruits aren't allowed to buy.

MCT, however, may depend on whether or not your instructors approve. Each company is different. Wouldn't hurt to bring one along, though. But get a decent one, the ten dollar portable one they sell at the PX is a piece of junk.

I have a 'Braun' batt op one I always used in the field and still carry. It's not the greatest thing in the world but better than nothing or a dry shave.

I understand using one in the field, hell I used one in the field. I was just wondering if now the DI's were letting recruits use them in the squadbays, but s4m222 squared me away.

Thread Information