Can i enlist in the Marines if i had ITP when i was younger
Create Post

Can i enlist in the Marines if i had ITP when i was younger

when i was less then a week old i had ITP and i haven't had it since and i don't take anything for it now and i play football and i wrestle for my high school and no problems and i'm 17 and if i can't join the Marine Corps i would be crushed can anyone help me out please

Trevor, PM Sgt leprechaun and ask to have this topic moved to the Ask A Marine forum.
    Not to come across like a smart a$$, you've got one long winded setence there. Try some proper sentence structure....capital letters at beginning of sentences, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at the end of sentences.

Read This Before Posting In Ask A Marine!!!!

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Credits
    Savings
    Eliminate that Recon avatar and USMC from your name....you aren't even close....

What's ITP??

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    What's ITP??

I'm not even going to try and spell it but it's a bleeding disorder. Examples, bleeding into the skin, heavy nose bleeds etc

Trevor you had that disease as a one week old infant. I had "lazy eye" when a I was six, I had to wear an eye patch for six months. Try going to school looking like a pirate. Bottom line, I ended up with 20/10 vision in both eyes. To be honest with you since it never came back I wouldn't worry too much about it

I wouldn't even mention it. ITP is a platelet disorder. Lack of platelets can mean free bleeding.

Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)

Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is a bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting. Persons with the disease have too few platelets in the blood.

ITP is sometimes called immune thrombocytopenic purpura.

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Appointment

Blood and blood-forming tissue diseases

Jun 10 2009
    The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:

Hemorrhagic disorders.
    Current or history of coagulation defects (286) to include, but not limited to von Willebrand’s Disease (286.4), idiopathic thrombocytopenia (287) , or Henoch-Schönlein Purpura (287.0), is disqualifying.

Leukopenia. Current or history of diagnosis of any form of chronic or recurrent agranulocytosis and/or leukopenia (288.0) is disqualifying.

You already started a thread on this 4-24-11.
    You do know that double posting isn't allowed, don't you?

Can i enlist in the marines even though....
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103320

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    You already started a thread on this 4-24-11.
    You do know that double posting isn't allowed, don't you?

Can i enlist in the marines even though....
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103320
    No I didn't sorry and I was just a little paranoid and I was looking for answers I'm sorry once again

This one is closed, deleted, and I've eliminated the 'USMC' from your name. You don't RATE that moniker until you've EARNED it.

Consider yourself cautioned. Next time, it's a ban.

Thread Information