Advice on how gain weight?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Advice on how gain weight?

I'm 5'7" and I weigh 122. I recently got back from MEPS and I was told to gain weight and muscle. The reason why is that the doctor saw me skinny an maybe thought I would have a hard time keeping up. I do weightlifting but I'm just skinny and I can perform exercises and run. Does anyone know any tips or where I can go.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFang View Post
    I'm 5'7" and I weigh 122. I recently got back from MEPS and I was told to gain weight and muscle. The reason why is that the doctor saw me skinny an maybe thought I would have a hard time keeping up. I do weightlifting but I'm just skinny and I can perform exercises and run. Does anyone know any tips or where I can go.

Ahhh I ran into the same problem. What I did was ate ALOT more protein and carbs. Three times a week my recruiter had me come into the office and eat a double whopper and do pull ups(trying to add on some muscle weight) I drank those little Boost protein shakes and **** like that. Worked for me.

You'll gain weight in boot camp. If you think you can keep up, you probably can.

I'm 5'8" and 117 right now. Underweight, yes, but I can keep up, and obviously I made it through.

If you do want to gain weight though, just do like Ace said. Lots of protien. Weight gainer by itself won't work but throw in some exercise and you'll do fine.

I got Married weighed 180lbs. I now weigh 300 after 13 years. If you have some time to kill you can find you a nice lady and get hitched, worked for me.

I joined the DEP in November 2003 weighing 130 and went to boot april 2004 weighing 150.

Do a weightlifting program like starting strength, focus on compound lifts that activate alot of muscles and the deadlift/squat as they'll boost your testosterone levels to help you gain muscle. Also, correct your diet to eat healthy with lots of protein.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for everybodies advice, I'm going to try it and see what happens.
    P.S- Cpl Heglar maybe I'll try you advice first.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFang View Post
    P.S- Cpl Heglar maybe I'll try you advice first.
    hahaha Yea his advice holds alot of water..if you could find a nice girl from the south, you'd put on weight liike it aint nothing with here cooking you chicken and biscuits lol

Hey don't forget the country style steak and gravy with rice!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    I got Married weighed 180lbs. I now weigh 300 after 13 years. If you have some time to kill you can find you a nice lady and get hitched, worked for me.
    That is just too Damn Funny.
    First time I laugh in a week.

Thanks Brother.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

You are certainly welcome Rhode. I got some work to do once my twin 6 year olds are out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Hey don't forget the country style steak and gravy with rice!
    haha I can never forget country fried steak and rice, with as much gravy on the rice, if not more than the steak itself.

Thread Information