My Marine is EASing.. we're getting out.
Create Post

My Marine is EASing.. we're getting out.

I'm going to miss the Corps. I wonder how many wives admit that.

My husband is EASing on April 29th. I have a lottttttttttttttt of questions. We're moving from 29 Stumps to Fort Hood, TX (he was just offered a job today there) but our HOR is in NC. We are doing a DITY move. I'm usually on top and do things but I had to go home for 2 months so he had to handle TMO and ipac alone. He says he put in for advance pay, tmo advancements, etc. Well, we got paid today but it was only his paycheck. No advancements.

When should we expect to see the advancements? We have to be out of housing by the 27th and I didn't want to come out of pocket unless we had to. Oh well.

Also, since he was offered this job today, should we go to tmo and let them know? Is it too late? It s a 1300 mile difference. We could drive the truck to NC and then back to TX cas we do have some stuff in NC still. lol.

SORRY if this is in the wrong spot. I appreciate any help I can get.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have no problem admitting I miss it. It is a complete change, and civilian wife life is not what I expected. Good luck with your move.

I never thought I would ever say that I missed the Marine Corps, but since getting out in 2008, I have figured that out the hard way. The civilian life is nothing like I thought it was going to be and I miss all the great friends I made while we were in. My husband is actually trying to get back in, he is even going to try going the Officer route since he has been going to school since getting out in '08. Anyways, good luck with your move and I hope the civilian life treats you well. Take care!

Thread Information