Fixed Wing Airframe Mechanic
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member MrsPFCSisco's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Fixed Wing Airframe Mechanic

I have been trying to find out information about my husbands MOS. He is a 6251 right now which is a Fixed-Wing Airframe Mechanic. He is at MCT at Camp Pendleton right now and is graduating May 10. I know he will be going to Pensacola but I was wondering if he would be going elsewhere for C school depending on which aircraft he gets or will he being staying at Pensacola. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it was taking to class-up at Pensacola for his MOS.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Sorry, did not have an aviation MOS so can't answer your questions but I'm sure somebody will be along shortly who can.

Just wanted to welcome you to the Marine Corps family and wish you and your husband the best of luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What your asking about 6251 Airframe Mechanic, this is the metal, hydralic shop in the squadrons. You fix the outside skin of the aircraft, frame of the aircraft, screws, rivits on the aircraft and the hydralic lines. The fix wing aircraft in the Corps are C-130 Hurcules, F18 Hornet, Harrier, Prowler but getting taken out of service, there are other aircraft also. Could be working on any of these airframes. The class to be started I don't know of, he needs to wait to get his orders. I'm a Veteran Marine so it could be all differant.

Semper Fi

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPFCSisco View Post
    I have been trying to find out information about my husbands MOS. He is a 6251 right now which is a Fixed-Wing Airframe Mechanic. He is at MCT at Camp Pendleton right now and is graduating May 10. I know he will be going to Pensacola but I was wondering if he would be going elsewhere for C school depending on which aircraft he gets or will he being staying at Pensacola. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it was taking to class-up at Pensacola for his MOS.

Thanks,
    Andrea
    Let me echo what Top said and welcome aboard. I'm Navy so I'm a bit out of my league but given his MOS description he will be working on one of these birds. I flew the EA-6 which is still in use

--Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, AV-8/TAV-8
    --Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, EA-6
    --Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, KC-130
    --Fixed-wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, F/A-18

C school for 52 and 56 is Cherry Point, NC. For 53 it's Whidbey Island Washington State which is where I was and for 57 he'll be either at Oceana NAS, Virginia, or Lemoore in CA. Hope this info helped

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You can add one other, 6258 which is the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Could not find any info on that C School since the birds are still going through a shake down stage but my guess would be the same as 6257

Here's hoping all works out for you two. It's a big adventure full of new places to live, new people to meet. My wife and I were both from the East coast so being stationed in WA was new and exciting

My son is 6251. Not looking at exact dates here, but my son arrived in Pensacola right before Hurricane Gustav hit in August (2008). Best as I can remember he did not class-up until much later... I want to say mid-November. It was not until early 2009 January or February that he left Pensacola for Camp Pendleton where he was assigned to HMLA 367.

I'm sorry I can't remember specific dates, but that was the general time frame for my son.

The very best to you and your husband.

I started life as a Marine, (after boot as a 6413 on OE-1s at Camp Pendelton and ended up as crew chief of HUS-2s at LTA.

You never know what the Corps will bring you.

im a 6251 in Pensacola right now. Actually your husband should be arriving prob tommorow or maybe today. Ive been here for 2 months took me 5 weeks to class up but i got my grey belt and 3 mcis down. Your husband will be in indoc for like a week and a half then he will be put into Mat dividision. hell prob be there like 2 to 3 weeks then hell class up with am. hell get oppurtunites to take grey belt and take lead 1 and 2 for mcis. school is only 8 weeks long and if your lucky enough to get selected for I level which is radomly selected by the marine corps hell be here for 6 weeks. c school is selected by how you finish in class. you pick your orders for your aircraft according to how you finish. any more questions feel free to ask

Thread Information