Did any of you have this problem? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    meh, somebody's jealous. no branch is better than any other but we all joke around with each other. it's a sibling rivalry. this guy is just a douchenozzle

Read the intro and first chapter of "First to Fight." The army's been hating on the Marine Corps since 1775. Nothing new.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the advice and posts it has definitely helped!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TWDP View Post
    Hello Marines, first off I guess I should state what it is. I recently started my paperwork to get into the DEP and my family has been supportive for the most part (except for my sister running out of the recruiter's office and start crying and then not talk to me for two days) but anyway my mom posted up on facebook that I was signing up and a guy she works with, as a paramedic, posts up this

" WTF !!!!! Not the damn Marines !!!!! I'm 100% for military service but geez,talk some sense into that kid before he signs with the damn JarHeads !!!"

That is his first post here is his next post

"Please, let me reiterate my feelings. I'm prior service Army & and a combat veteran. My fiancé is also prior service Army and serving in the Army Nat'l Guard now. My son & her son are enlisted in the Army with hers in Afghanistan as we spea...k. I am not behind the motives of Washington but I am totally behind the boys with their boots on the front lines. But if you are going to sign up and give your service to your country, shouldn’t you get something out of it too. Let it provide you with an education, a future for a family, a pathway to success later in life. I am not necessarily pro-Army and my beef if not necessarily with the Marines. Any military service is a thousand times better then these fat lazy bastards than want to sit on their couch and ***** about the world around them and do nothing about it. I’m speaking from the other end of the spectrum, 20 years down the road. Yeah, the commercials and movies look awesome and great to a testosterone filled kid coming out of high school but “Marine rifleman that scored Company high on pugo sticks in basic training “doesn’t mean **** on a resume 10-15 years down the road when the kids are hungry and rent is due. If you want an education, join the Air Force. If you want to see the world, join the Navy. If you want to paint your face green and run through the woods and achieve rank and good retirement, join the Army. If you want to guard ships and be the laughing stock of the rest of the armed forces, join the Marines. Now, I’m not your parent, kid. I’m not going to sugar-coat it. That’s the way it is. All those super-awesome Marine commercials they want to show you and tell you how bad-ass you’ll be; First, keep in the back of your mind that that’s the ONLY selling point they have & I’ll go back to an old saying my grandfather said; “You can put a lot of cake icing on a cow-turd. It’ll look pretty but you’ll know exactly what it is when you take your first real bite of it”. Now, that being said, if you still choose the Marines; be as high-speed, low-drag from minute one and be the absolute best the you can
    Hooah (or Oohrah, whichever you choose)."

Which of course bothered me, but seeing as he is an Army guy that apparently just hates the Marine Corps I didn't let it affect me the only problem was my mother posting that she agrees with what he says 100%.

Not meaning to rant or anything I guess I just got pizzed off at what this man had say about the Marine Corps and more so that my mother who claimed to support me in this agreed with him. My mom and dad were both in the Air Force and both had fathers that were in the Marine Corps so they're not anti-military service.

Sorry if this is the wrong section I didn't really know where to post it. Feel free to delete it or remove it if I am in the wrong.

It's only his opinion.

How do you feel about yourself ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Some of his comments are just plain ignorant.
    The Master Sergeant hit the nail on the head... only I'd say he's being generous. I'd delete the first two words of Top's statement above:

"His comments are just plain ignorant"

I have been out since '91. I still get respect from the world. I got every job I ever applied for for the first ten years after getting out. All I had to do was mention that I am a Marine, and they asked me when I could start.

It is notable too that I was not a success in my first MOS of Air Traffic control so I got out with no marketable job training, however the title "Marine" opened and still opens doors that other vets dont see.

Folks can see that I am a Marine from the way I carry myself, the way I do my job well, the way I polish my boots, etc.

Most importantly, I know I am a Marine. and I always will be.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the posts and advice I just finished all my paperwork and will be heading to MEPS on Thursday. So hopefully by Friday I will be in the DEP

Outstanding! Good luck to you and stop on in here anytime you have questions or concerns. Everyone here will be more than happy to help you out if we can.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the support just got back from MEPS because I went a day early and I am fit for the Marine Corps with an IST of 18 pullups 100 situps and will be swearing in on the 1st of June

Good deal! Keep us in the loop with updates. I'll leave this open for you.

Good deal! Keep us in the loop with updates. I'll leave this open for you.

Next time you hear from this turd, ask him which ARMY unit had their colors captured in Korea. This unit has a shield shoulder patch with a horses head in one corner a diagonal stripe on it. The horses head and stripe are black and the background color is yellow. The horse is what they retreated on, the stripe is the imjin river and the yellow is what runs up their spine.

LOL. "The horse they never rode...the line they never held...and the color..."

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    TWDP, what do you expect from a guy like that?
    Well I don't expect anything from him it just makes me mad to see someone talk about the men and women that fight and die for this country's freedom that way just because they're not in your favorite branch

Anyway thanks for all the support can't wait to swear in and officially be a part of the Corps' DEP

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Next time you hear from this turd, ask him which ARMY unit had their colors captured in Korea. This unit has a shield shoulder patch with a horses head in one corner a diagonal stripe on it. The horses head and stripe are black and the background color is yellow. The horse is what they retreated on, the stripe is the imjin river and the yellow is what runs up their spine.
    Ha...if I were on the receiving end of this response it certainly would be a mega-OUCH.

Best of luck to the OP.

Back to topic.....

Thread Information