Cant wait to be a MARINE - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFromBk View Post
    had to reschedule my asvab due to personal reasons, but spoke to my recruiter about an aprox bootcamp date. If i leave around october il have infantry available to me which is what i want over anything else. I was looking at Rifleman/mortar man for infantry units.. in addition i was also looking at field artillery. Most definitley would like some feedback Marines
    Not to come across like a smart azz, but show some initiative and do a search on the site. The MOS's you want feedback on have been covered before.

You're right.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Not to come across like a smart azz, but show some initiative and do a search on the site. The MOS's you want feedback on have been covered before.

Not going to happen Lisa, you're one of the best on here to give advice. What you try to do is point them in a direction that will teach all that self initiative will serve you well in the military. You encounter a problem, over come it yourself

Already took care of it, thank you .. I'll continue to post when i have updates on my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Not going to happen Lisa, you're one of the best on here to give advice. What you try to do is point them in a direction that will teach all that self initiative will serve you well in the military. You encounter a problem, over come it yourself
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by JayFromBk View Post
    Hello everyone, i am brand new to this website and have been reading the forums since 6:30am this morning. For a while now i wanted to be a MARINE, and by the looks of it i will enlist soon enough. Just watched Ears Open, Eyeballs Click.. and not only did it freak me out, but it hyped me up as well. The years keep passing by, and im 23 years old now. Im working full time now doing heating and air conditioning work, and every morning i wake up doing something that i dont want to, and it is killing me. Im in the best shape of my life, i just lost a bit more than 20 pounds by doing calestetics and dieiting properly. In addition, doing some brazilian jiu jitsu which i have come to love. Im pretty short, standing at 5 foot 6 155lbs .. i hope that wont be a problem when i enlist. Something i am worried about though is that, i have a star of david tattoo on my upper left arm.. it is not visable in short sleeves though. Im just worried about what others would say when they see it at boot camp. Either way within the next few days i will be visiting a US MARINES recruiter to discuss this further. If possible, it would be great to hear some feedback.. Thank you!
    Good Luck with your journey young man, Semper Fidelis.

Recruit platoons are physically put together with the tallest recruits towards the front. Like me, you will be on the "short end" at the rear. You will notice, on forced marches, you will practically be running to keep up with the platoon which always sucked for me. Also, some of the taller stations on the obstacle course can be extra-challenging for us "short rounds" but it's all good.

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Recruit platoons are physically put together with the tallest recruits towards the front. Like me, you will be on the "short end" at the rear. You will notice, on forced marches, you will practically be running to keep up with the platoon which always sucked for me. Also, some of the taller stations on the obstacle course can be extra-challenging for us "short rounds" but it's all good.

Good luck to you.
    I was on the short end too Top, but someone has to bring up the rear, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information