Trouble getting to MEPS
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member KillerMiller's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Trouble getting to MEPS

Hello Marines, My name is Hunter Miller, turned 18 last month, been going to my local USMC recruiter since I turned 17, I've been Gung Ho about earning the EGA since my step-father Cpl. Iain Miller came into my life at 3 years old. I had implants put in to correct flat feet at the age of 9, only to find out last year that I could not have them in on my first trip to the recruiter, so I had them taken out. I was told I needed 15 college credits, so I got them. Since my dad was not my biological father, and my biological father is M.I.A. I was told I had to wait until I was 18, so I waited. And after all of this my recruiter still will not send me to MEPS, because he says I will get DQ'd anyways. I have talked to two other Marine recruiters in my area and one told me that the surgery on my feet usually would take 1 year to clear (it's been 6 months), but would be put on a rush if I could get papers from my doctor clearing me for intense physical activity, which I have done. The other recruiter told me that 6 months is all I needed to wait for my surgery to clear, and that I should not have a problem at MEPS. So my question is this, Does anyone know the actual wait time after a surgery is, so I can be cleared at MEPS. I will wait as long as I have to to join the Corps, but I do not want to wait any longer than that.

Thank you Marines,
    Hunter Miller

Last time I checked, this forum does not have a qualified MEPS Doctor who can answer your question. Lots of Sea Lawyers if you have a legal question.

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Concur. Wish we could help but no one here is qualified to really answer that question. However, there are a few recruiters that frequent 'us', one of them, if they have time, may be able to help. Otherwise this stuff is waaaay above most of our paygrades.

Thread Information