Mock Boot Camp - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Boot Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rose47 View Post
    A few weeks ago we had a mock boot camp in Albany. It was pretty cool but I'm sure its nothing close to the real deal.
    That's why it's called MOCK boot camp

You guys are lucky.We dont do anything like that were we stay out for 2 days and stuff.
    But then again my RSS is next to 4 Marine bases (Pendleton, MCRD San Diego, MCAS Miramar, 29 palms, etc) and right next to 2 recently closed Marine airbases lol. But unfortunately we havn't gone anywhere cool since december when we went to pendleton. our last pool function was a softball game lol.

i just went to a one day bootcamp on saturday, it was awesome.
    there were 4 di's there, we ran an obsticle course, ran an ist, learned MCMAP, learned about a few weapons and got to learn about a cobra.
    It was my second year going to it and this year was alot better than last year, besides the sun burn

Quote Originally Posted by Vince93 View Post
    besides the sun burn
    Motvation and sunburn it was a great friggin' day! I think there was 4 DI's at the one I went to on Saturday not to sure, I know there was at least 2 cause I personally met them haha

A few weeks ago we had a mock boot camp in Albany. It was pretty cool but I'm sure its nothing close to the real deal.
    Hey i was at the same event! what rss are you from? Mines Albany

I saw this a little late and dont know if anybody else has already said they did this, But we just had one last weekend, I live in Minnesota, and we went to camp ripley which is a natioanl gaurd base. It was a three day event with RS's from all over MN and a couple other states a total of 600+ people I think. When we got there on friday and were met by the drill instructers and they IT'd the whole platoon and were yelling at us for about a half hour. I never got called out by the DIs but a bunch of the other kids did and it was really funny. I also herd a few kids from other platoons ****ed themselves. Basically the first day was just meeting the DIs then doing the IST then we got dinner which was MREs which were the only things we ate all weekend then after that we did drill and set up our cots then we went to bed we had fire watches too and mine was at like 0200 that kinda sucked but what ever.

We got woken up by the DIs at 0500 but our hootch could hear them coming so everyone was already awake and ready when the came in but one kid in the first hootch didn't wake up right away and they flipped his cot with him in it. right after that we got 5 min for hygiene and formed up got an MRE for breakfast then we got on a bus and they took us to the firing range and we had a class on assembling M4s and gun handling then we shot in a simulator and we also did a O course that was really fun but my platoon was the biggest there with 63 people so I didnt get to do them all. They bussed us back and we got an MRE for lunch then we practiced Drill a little more. We had a MCMAP class where they taught us a few punches and chokes. After that we had to run the CFT which consisted of a little run, we didnt do the 3 mile it would have taken to long I think we ran 1, we did an ammo can lift for 2 minutes then ran the course which just killed our legs, but right after we had our hour with the DIs and there they taught us drill and gave us a couple of minutes where we could informally ask them questions, again they didn't really IT us that much but they got on a few kids pretty hard. as soon as we were done we with the DIs we went to a class on nutrition and health then after that we went to a station where they had API which is a civilian strength and conditioning trainer group or what ever, they had us doing sprints and stuff then we did endurance with them and they also tough us ground combat like how to get someone off of you and then mount them, and how to do rolls correctly. after that we drilled some more and had MREs for dinner then an hour of free time before bed that is when everyone shaved and showered. we had fire watches again that night.

on sunday we got to sleep in to 0600 and our recruiters woke us up we had 5 minutes for hygiene and formed up. We took down our cots and cleaned our hootches and got in formation again, then all of the platoons there had a moto run which we were told was going to be 6 miles but only ended up being 1 mile. during that run as well a lot of kids fell out of the run but our platoon was the only one who had no one fall out and we also had to carry our water with us as well. there was one kid who fell out only after like 200 yards who was on the side of the rode with the DIs making him yell "I'm a quitter" over and over as we ran by I heard there was a video of it on youtube but I cant find it. To finish the weekend the got everyone together and handed out awards then we took a platoon picture and went home.

Over all the weekend was awesome even though I am exhausted I wish we did more or made it like a week long or something. But thats just me we were told that about 20 people quite including like 3 the first day! If you cant handle just a weekend how would you expect 13 weeks seriously. also I never thought I would get so mad at some one just for messing up on drill the kid in front of me was almost never in step and by the end of it I was just about to punch him for it. but I think it was a great learning experience and gut check for everyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave4751 View Post
    Hey i was at the same event! what rss are you from? Mines Albany
    RSS Adirondack

I just saw this article about the mock bot camp from last weekend

http://www.marines.mil/unit/mcrc/9mc...pplicants.aspx

I get to go to mine this weekend hopefully I get a good taste of what I am in for.

I'd like to hear MAJOR feed back Munky!

It'll be greatly appreciated!

Can do sir.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    RSS Adirondack

RSS peekskill here, dammmn more NY poolees than i thought lol.

Through out the whole event one person in the whole event quit. and it looked like his RSS ****ed him up. I saw him and his RSS leaving they were not the nicest of cats to him.

Well any info?

Anyone attend the Mock Boot camp at Fort Devens? It was suppose to be in Strateford, NH but got moved. I was with RSS North Boston. It was a good time

Thread Information