what was your best PFT score? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Ooo-rah, Sgt Quinn! 300 PFT.

So, how many of you ever re-tested in the swim tank? The only time I was in the water was boot camp!
    i requalified a few times but it was never a real big issue. i'm not much of a swimmer though

300 off and on over a span of 15 years between 1981-1996...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can swim...
    Took the MCIWS indoc 3 times and 3 times epic fail. 1500 meters in 30 minutes correctly using any survival stroke... 60 meters underwater in 12 feet of water ... 1 minute treading water while holding a 10 lb weight above your head ... both the weight and your head had to remain above water for the full minute. Got gigged on the underwater swim for blowing bubbles. They said I swam like a drowning hummingbird trying to hold the weight up. LOL

Long underwater stretches you can blow a few bubbles and your lungs don't feel so much like they need air and you can go further. They said I was cheating and risking shallow water black out. Ohh well I tried.

300 everytime I think. I was a runner. I can still run but am saving my knees for old age. I only run when I feel like it now, like when elk hunting, or chasing down mules in the pasture.

I believe the highpoint of my running was the Marine Corps Marathon in '89 (3hours 54 minutes).

I was never a strong swimmer however and remember the only time I was really distressed in boot camp was during the swim quals.

274 is my personal best. Just like I read Tennessee Top say, I just can't seem to max out my run.

I broke 280 twice and I was the oldest in my Plt. including the Plt Sgt

My best was a 273. That was what I could muster up. I was always jealous of 300 pft'rs.

300, 16:20 run time YUT!

I could not swim a lick. So, that day in bootcamp when the platoon was taken to the pool, I damned near drowned. After MOS school I was sent to Lejeune, and almost immediately after getting there, spent a month in swimming school. Came out rated as a 1st class swimmer. A month after that I was on my way to Vietnam.

Fast forward a couple years, I was at 7th Comm, in Okinawa. My last duty station before I was due to get out. My company 1st Sergeant, was a salty, Old Corps Marine. He had been a Raider in WWII, was in Korea for the duration, and did more than one tour in Vietnam. Calls me in and gives me sh!t for being a rated a 1st class swimmer, and wants to take me down to the beach to find out how good I am. I tell him "let's go", and tells me to "get the hell out of his office". He was a Raider (precursor to RECON, and SEALs) I'm positive that he could have easily drowned me. Even with more than 20 years difference in our ages.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't Remember but I Shot Expert in the 'Nam

Thread Information