My flags must come down
Create Post

My flags must come down

My wife and I bought our home 30 years ago. In our back yard we have a paper street called Water Street. The former owner told us we had use of this paper street but not to build anything on it in case the utility companies need to get in for emergency reasons. That was not a problem. The street was mowed and neat when we purchsed the property,so we have always kept it clean and neat.

Our neighbor lady and property are separated by a drainage ditch and she had a old falling down garage that collapsed into the drainage ditch so I burned it down. There was never an issue about it. Well this woman found herself some idiot who moved in with her a while back. Thats her business. However he is now my headache. A few years ago (3) he got an idea of putting in a driveway to access her property thru this paper street. I sued for a quiet title. Well we had our pre-trial hearing and the judge said I'll give you the quiet title,but they still have to have access to get into their property.

The judge stated I'll give you the quiet title,however the flags come down and must be moved,the swing set must be moved and the deer feeders must be moved. Son of a ***** after 30 years of privacy and minding our own damn business we have to have a head ache like this guy next door.

I guess its true we fight and die for our country and that means the scum bags that live here to.

bootlace15 out!!!!!!!!

What is a "Paper Street?"

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    ???

There ain't enough info up there to tell what the **** is going on.

Flags!! Swing Set!! Deer Feeders!!

What, they were all on this 'street'??

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post

Gunny it's a road or a street that shows on a map but doesn't really exist.

a paper street is a street that is a street that can or can not be marked as a street. It divides property in sub divisions or separates properties. It is not maintained by the government since no one pays taxes for it.

lets put it this way the paper street was used as part of the property purchased. It is 26.5 ft wide.it was used as an extension on the back yard. It was used only by my family. This street went thru my property and the neighbor ladies and a drainage ditch divided paper street between the 2 properties. This lady never used it to access her property. I erected a swing set a flag pole and put a couple of deer feeders on. The neighbor lady never questioned us about its use and she never indicated she needed the street for her use. She has never used the street since we purchased the property.

Drinking water has top priority over every thing. The past owners have probably signed a easement. This might help you. Go to the county they will have a record of any and all easements across your land. Dos the lady have access to here property from any place other than the paper street? If not remember that you can not land lock a Pearson from there land. Good luck.

I've seen plenty of these in my travels and they can turn into a regular DMZ. Stark and wired off or overgrown with blackberry's, feral cats and dogs, homeless people. Hiring a private surveyor, or waiting on the county sloth may or may not be in your best interests

This was to let you know,not to count on keeping something that you think you have when its not really yours in the first place. The flag pole will go back up on the boarder of the property lines in question. However it will be bigger and badder than ever. I will never fight with the neighbor it just is'nt worth the trouble.

Thread Information