Waiting for BUMED (updated)
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Waiting for BUMED (updated)

Hey guys, About 2 months ago I went to MEPS, went through the medical process, but was disqualified because of a mole on my back and eczema on my hands. Soon after I went to a dermatologist to get an outside opinion which I was told I needed. The dermatologist wrote a letter stating that the mole on my lower back was benign, and the eczema on my hand was no problem, and it would not effect my physical abilities what-so-ever. I understand that eczema can be disqualifying, but my recruiters told me that it should not be a problem. About 2 weeks later, I found out my medical forms had to be reviewed by BUMED. I know that it will take however long it will take, but I just want to know how long these type of things normally take. I will wait however long it will take, but the only thing that is concerning me is that my initial ship date for boot camp will keep getting pushed back the longer it takes. Just trying to stay MOTO! My last thread was closed after SGT Leprechaun informed me that I had to create my profile, So I did.
    Thanks everyone!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question

Oh and BTW, I had to have pictures taken of my hands and mole on my lower back to sent to BUMED. Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one, any thoughts?

Thread Information