Proud mother of a new Recruit - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Jeanine your son will be fine, as many have stated he's more that a little busy right now. Have a little patience, he'll get in touch

Your son has decided to challenge himself and will return home to you as a different person. His basic core will not have been changed but he will be a man, he will have far more self confidence and will be a Marine

Good luck to him and to you. And if you can attend his graduation, I hope you can post some pictures on here for all to see

Fair winds
    I've already started making the graduation plans. Thank you so much for your response. I'm already meeting so many parents. I know God is with him and me and his brothers and sisters.
    Gob Bless.

Jeanine

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppysmom View Post
    I've already started making the graduation plans. Thank you so much for your response. I'm already meeting so many parents. I know God is with him and me and his brothers and sisters.
    Gob Bless.

Jeanine
    If God was with him when he left, wait till God gets a hold of him at Boot camp. This is powerful stuff.

This is such a great time to be a parent, I know it seems like you've lost a little part of yourself, but I can assure you, it will be worth it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDAD92 View Post
    If God was with him when he left, wait till God gets a hold of him at Boot camp. This is powerful stuff.

This is such a great time to be a parent, I know it seems like you've lost a little part of yourself, but I can assure you, it will be worth it.
    Thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    There is another website called recruitparents.com which is free to join.

That website will guide you through the phases of bootcamp so you'll know how your son is progressing. It also has a list of USMC terminology so when he writes home you'll have a better understanding of his new vocabulary. Once you know his platoon number, you'll be able to communicate with other parents who have sons in his platoon. It lists platoon graduation dates, schedules of events for family day and graduation day, places to stay in Beaufort SC (a few hotels offer discounts for members of that site), etc.

The website also has information about life after bootcamp; MOS schooling, USMC bases, etc. You will find the moderators to be extremely helpful. With all the information provided, it may take you a little time to navigate around the site but you'll get the hang of it.

I will be at Parris Island myself the first week in June. Taking my niece to see family day and a graduation ceremony (she is enlisting in May and will be a senior next year).

Congratulations to your son and welcome to the Marine Corps family. Let us know when he earns the title.

p.s; George Patton was not a Marine.
    I was already called on the George Patton mistake. Thank you so much for replying to my message. God Bless my son and your niece and you for your direction.

My son just left for Parris Island Monday 4/11
    I'm looking for support. I am anxious and proud of my son's decision. I'm hoping to meet other parents who I can communicate with.

My son graduated from PI on 4/15.
    I would recommend recruitparents.com for information and start planning now for Family Day and Graduation. I would recommend parrisisland.yuku.com if you want other parents to talk to.

I found that the parents on recruitparents.com do more reporting of what their son is doing, while the other site provides more interaction.

And when you find yourself waiting for a letter, write one

Young One

My son just left for Parris Island Monday 4/11
    I'm looking for support. I am anxious and proud of my son's decision. I'm hoping to meet other parents who I can communicate with.

I just retired with 20 years in the corps. I know what you are going through as a parent and please let me re-assure you the young one will be fine. I know it takes more than most people have to let them go but, you have to let them go He will be fine I assure you.

Former GYSGT
    1SOCOG Force Recon BN USMC

Congratulations to your son for choosing the Marines.
    I know he will make you very proud.

A WWII Vet...Gung Ho,

Ray Merrell

Credits
    Savings

plt #

I would guess by now you have received a letter with his Platoon Number and address ? What battalion is he in and plt # ?
    Just curious as I was just there for a reunion, and did observe many Plt's. perhaps Jeff's ? LOL!! Moz

Credits
    Savings

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    I would guess by now you have received a letter with his Platoon Number and address ? What battalion is he in and plt # ?
    Just curious as I was just there for a reunion, and did observe many Plt's. perhaps Jeff's ? LOL!! Moz
    Hi. 3rd Battilion Lima Co. I am proud but at the same time scared. He's my first born.

How was it there. Probably very hot.

--Jeanine

Credits
    Savings

Hi

I am already proud. WW2. WOW! That's one thing my son said to me, which was one of his reasons for joining, he wants to be a part of what's going on in this country and he wants his children and grandchildren to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Congratulations to your son for choosing the Marines.
    I know he will make you very proud.

A WWII Vet...Gung Ho,

Ray Merrell

Credits
    Savings

Parris Island

Hi. 3rd Battilion Lima Co. I am proud but at the same time scared. He's my first born.

How was it there. Probably very hot.

--Jeanine

It was pretty nice for the 3 days I was there,
    I did observe all the Bn., but did not see your sons;I stayed at the quaulity Inn in Beaufort which was very nice,close to everything and only 7-8 miles from P.I.
    By the time your son Graduates you will know the meaning of Hot when you get there LOL !! Hows he doing ? what phase is he in ?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    It was pretty nice for the 3 days I was there,
    I did observe all the Bn., but did not see your sons;I stayed at the quaulity Inn in Beaufort which was very nice,close to everything and only 7-8 miles from P.I.
    By the time your son Graduates you will know the meaning of Hot when you get there LOL !! Hows he doing ? what phase is he in ?

The beginning of Phase 2, He got to receiving April 11. Last letter he was very positive.

Thread Information