Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them? - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Well Radio Relay,2day is Your Day,you have been chosin too leave the Wire wearing your Prc-25 on your Chest and gonna Walk Point through this Mine Field,but don't worry Brother cause We got Your Six...Oh we will be a Couple Hundred yards behind Ya,not Cluster F**king either.Good Luck better You than Me! S/F
    Sorry, Bro! ... I got the sh!ts ... take LCpl Fcknuts ... lol

Credits
    Savings
    Telling the difference between the grunts and the really smart, good looking and talented Marines (Field Radio Operators) is simple. Put 11 dimes on the table and ask each to count them. The guys who reach for their shoelaces when they get to 10 are grunts.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    Telling the difference between the grunts and the really smart, good looking and talented Marines (Field Radio Operators) is simple. Put 11 dimes on the table and ask each to count them. The guys who reach for their shoelaces when they get to 10 are grunts.
    Tony, just shows you how much the Corps has changed in 40 years. Those field radio operators are regular poster Marines. Damn smart too. We didnt have nothing like that in the Nam.

Difference between Pogs and Grunts:

03xx:

"Yeah, I was a Marine"

Pog:

Yeah, I was a ____ in the Marines"

Credits
    Savings
    Come on, you guys can do better than that, I'd give that shoe lace line at least an 8 and it's vary adaptable. If I keep coming up with things like I'll be writing jokes for Letterman and making the big bucks. But don't worry, I won't forget the little people like you who helped be achieve greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    The radio operators used to help me with my letters home, they were so smart they could actually write. Since I always packed my own magazines I remember that I could count up to at least 19.

Just a thought, if the radio operators and Tony were so smart, how did they get stuck with us?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    The radio operators used to help me with my letters home, they were so smart they could actually write. Since I always packed my own magazines I remember that I could count up to at least 19.

Just a thought, if the radio operators and Tony were so smart, how did they get stuck with us?
    Russ, I would say it was Divine Intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Russ, I would say it was Divine Intervention.
    I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

They also knew that we could see right through them and their bs ways.

Credits
    Savings
    And we're very kind, caring and compassionate. Believe it or not, I got a PM from a guy a while back asking what that thing was on my back.....I told him I didn't know it was either, it just appeared there one day and started talking to me. He believed me, must have been a grunt.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I was always told that those that washed out as grunts became radio operators because they couldn't shoot worth a damn or work well with others. The radio operator was on a leash which was held by the head honcho. He was like a beast of burden carrying the radio so the head grunt could call in for what was needed.

Radio operators only had to know 4 words. Whenever the radio went down and the radio operator was asked what was wrong with it he would simply say "Hell if I know."

Credits
    Savings
    [quote=advanced;772885]I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

Like burning out ****ters?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Tony, I know for a fact. That the radio men in the 3/5 wore out their lips constantly radioing . You Marines in the 3/26, please come and get us out of this shet again. Over.

[QUOTE=HST;772892]
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

Like burning out ****ters?
    We used to **** all over a bunch of radio guys to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Tony, I know for a fact. That the radio men in the 3/5 wore out their lips constantly radioing . You Marines in the 3/26, please come and get us out of this shet again. Over.
    That's correct Marine, we in the 3/5 spent all of our time in the deep ****. That's why the 3/26 followed us around everywhere so they could get their car's and be able to call themselves Marines without being embarrassed.

Credits
    Savings
    You loved us when we were humping your azz out to a medevac chopper or calling in an airstrike....unless of course the drop missed and then it was always the pilot that screwed up.

Thread Information