Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them? - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 142
  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    After 20 years as a grunt, your back and knees must be shot!
    Two artificial joints cured most of the ailments - a little lingering arthritis...

    As they say, it isn't the years, it's the miles.


  2. #77
    Marine Free Member Quinbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    4,065
    Credits
    13,044
    Savings
    0
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    No I never said that. I just said I have more than one pair of cammies.

    I do know however, that I get paid just the same, get the same discounts out in town, and get to watch the play-by-play of the Panthers games, assuming I don't have a strong enough connection to stream it.

    I'm pretty sure that Charlie Sheen would call that WINNING!
    I didn't mean to imply that you didn't have more than one pair of cammies. The individual I was talking about had not worn his cammies enough to wear them out. Grunt work eats cammies and you go through them pretty fast. Pogue work eats charlies I guess. They can only stand up to so many trips through the dry cleaners LOL.


  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Pogue work eats charlies I guess. They can only stand up to so many trips through the dry cleaners LOL.
    Haha. That's is pretty funny.

    True, for some MOS's.


  4. #79
    Marine Free Member Quinbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    4,065
    Credits
    13,044
    Savings
    0
    Images
    37
    The old woodlands had a built in patch on the knees. If you ripped your knee, mama san would cut the hole into a neat square then stitch down the edges. Still serviceable. Rip a hole in that one and she would take a piece of a discarded blouse and stitch that down on top. Still serviceable. I've seen grunts that most of their uniform was patchwork and at the same time pogues who look like they just stepped out of cash sales


  5. #80
    Pre-cammie days.... you could always tell the new guys in country. Their utilities were as green as grass and you could still see creases in the trousers. You could tell a Pogue from a grunt by the condition of their utilities. Never met a grunt who didn't have patches or various locations stitched closed on their utilities.

    When the grunts hit Da Nang or Chu Lai, they were the guys who caught hell from some butterbar because they looked like crap, smelled like crap, and were in dire need of a shave. But they were also the guys who the rest of us financed their drinking until they went out again.

    A Marine is a Marine. Everyone's job is different but we were brothers who took care of each other. We didn't need something special to tell people apart.... you could see the difference in the grunts eyes.

    Semper Fidelis,
    DrZ

    ________________________________________________
    I am not particularly brave, courageous, nor even very smart. But I am a US Marine which makes up for all my other failings. - DrZ

    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

    DrZ is the internet name I selected in the early days at University. So keep in mind I never was a DevilDoc.
    Si Vis Pacem Para bellum

  6. #81
    I think you guys should all just line up and pull out your d!cks and we can measure them and move on already. Look, no one can take away from the grunts or what you guys do...GOD bless every one of you and thanks for doing what you do every day. But you arent going anywhere without the motorpool guys keeping your trucks and humvees going and you arent shooting **** without us 2111's making sure your firearms are good to go and properly maintenanced. Everyone in the Corps has a job and it all comes together like a well oiled machine. You can call that dude a POG or Pogue all you want but I loved the POG in payroll thats for sure. If you dont think his/her job was/is important just look at your LES every 2 weeks. If it werent for those people you wouldnt get your combat pay or your leave. It all comes together in the end, like it or not.


  7. #82
    Marine Free Member FistFu68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tombstone,Az
    Posts
    7,390
    Credits
    42,070
    Savings
    0
    Images
    148

    Thumbs up Fixed Bayonet's

    Kinda liked that Special piece of Rubber innertube We 0311's cut outta Tires and streched over our Helmet's and tha Graffita we wrote...Plus living in a Hole like a F**King Rat,made Me thump My Chest like TARZAN after We accompished our Mission's taking out Tha F**King Gooks...But I love all of You Supportive Marines,like a Pain in the F**King Azz,Chit even the Paymaster forgot too Pay the 26Th Marines for a Beau Cou long time...W/All due respect S/F


  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Kinda liked that Special piece of Rubber innertube We 0311's cut outta Tires and streched over our Helmet's and tha Graffita we wrote...Plus living in a Hole like a F**King Rat,made Me thump My Chest like TARZAN after We accompished our Mission's taking out Tha F**King Gooks...But I love all of You Supportive Marines,like a Pain in the F**King Azz,Chit even the Paymaster forgot too Pay the 26Th Marines for a Beau Cou long time...W/All due respect S/F
    Hell Fist, they didnt forget to pay us. We were never in one spot long enough to get paid!

    Mongoose


  9. #84
    Hell, the last time I was listed killed I showed up to the paymaster and they didn't have **** for me. Said since I was dead I didn't rate any money. I do have a problem with the pog's that sent the telegram to my parents describing how and when I was killed though, what imaginations they had.


  10. #85
    Marine Free Member FistFu68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tombstone,Az
    Posts
    7,390
    Credits
    42,070
    Savings
    0
    Images
    148
    LOL That's a Big AFFIRMATITTY on Your Last Marine,but gotta thank The Pecker Checker's especially the last one when I mustered out on Dec.7,1972 He handled My Gun like He was on the Silent Drill Team,W/all due Respect...


  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by LLN2111 View Post
    I think you guys should all just line up and pull out your d!cks and we can measure them and move on already. Look, no one can take away from the grunts or what you guys do...GOD bless every one of you and thanks for doing what you do every day. But you arent going anywhere without the motorpool guys keeping your trucks and humvees going and you arent shooting **** without us 2111's making sure your firearms are good to go and properly maintenanced. Everyone in the Corps has a job and it all comes together like a well oiled machine. You can call that dude a POG or Pogue all you want but I loved the POG in payroll thats for sure. If you dont think his/her job was/is important just look at your LES every 2 weeks. If it werent for those people you wouldnt get your combat pay or your leave. It all comes together in the end, like it or not.
    Well young lady, I've been on line with my pants down to my knees waiting on you. If you want to measure balls as well I know I've got the biggest pair of them anywhere.


  12. #87
    I use to get a kick out of Grunts thinking I was some kind of CIA spook, with my big 8ft parabolic dish antennas attached to a big box full of electronics that they were not allowed to even go near. I'd give them the same sh!t that I'll give Grunts here. I could do, and did do, a Grunt's job. No Grunt could do my job!

    Yeah, I get no respect from Grunts. "F" 'em. I only went on a few walking patrols humping prick-25's and 77's (prc-25's and 77's), which I was never trained on, but a Grunt Gunny volunteered me for it, because all his radio humpers were dead, wounded, or on r&r. Funny thing, he never volunteered any of his Grunts to give me a hand when my radio was down, and the General in Da Dang was going to have my azz on a platter if it wasn't up ricky tick.

    I drove jeeps and trucks pulling generators and fuel buffaloes on mined and muddy "roads" through jungles and rice paddies full of hostile gooks to meet up with one Grunt unit or another that needed radio relay support. I setup and maintained radios on remote hill tops and lz's with a couple squads of Grunts giving me sh!t, while I helped them dig in, then finished with my setup. Also took my shift on the perimeter, as well as my shift in the comm bunker. Lived in the same muddy, bug and vermin infested holes, ate c-rats, and went without showers for weeks. Sat in mud up to my waist while shooting at shadows, under the orange glow of creaking flares at 2am, right along side the Grunts.

    Yep, I thank my lucky stars, and the Big Green Machine, that I was not a Grunt. Grunts were in the sh!t just about every single day. Hours and hours, days and days of walking patrols through all kinds of slime, brush, and muck, while at the same time fighting for their lives. Flying into firefights, ambushes, and all kinds of crap. I missed most of that.

    Grunts who sent calls over my radios for supplies, re-enforcements, and medivacs gave me a lot of sh!t, and still do. "F" 'em, I just laugh and understand why ignorance is bliss. I don't have PH's, or hero stars, but if anyone wants to imply that I didn't earn the ribbons on my chest, because I wasn't a Grunt, they better stand back. I was not a poge!!! I was, and am, a Marine. Just like every Grunt!


  13. #88
    I chose my screen name from the friendly ball-breaking names my grunt friends used to call me The only light I can shed on the subject is the fact that when I'm lying in a pine-box,the Marines Hymn will be playing.I don't think anyone will be looking down at my casket,debating the pog/grunt thing! Then again.....


  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Well young lady, I've been on line with my pants down to my knees waiting on you. If you want to measure balls as well I know I've got the biggest pair of them anywhere.
    ROFLMAO.....well played!


  15. #90
    Marine Free Member FistFu68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tombstone,Az
    Posts
    7,390
    Credits
    42,070
    Savings
    0
    Images
    148

    Talking Grunt 4 a Day Iffen You live 24hrs???

    Well Radio Relay,2day is Your Day,you have been chosin too leave the Wire wearing your Prc-25 on your Chest and gonna Walk Point through this Mine Field,but don't worry Brother cause We got Your Six...Oh we will be a Couple Hundred yards behind Ya,not Cluster F**king either.Good Luck better You than Me! S/F


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts