Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them? - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    I could really stir is up after that one but I'm gonna be nice. Memorial Day is right areound the corner.

IIt is the VETERAN,
    not the preacher,
    who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the
    VETERAN,
    not the reporter,
    who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the
    VETERAN,
    not the poet,
    who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the
    VETERAN,
    not the campus organizer,
    who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the
    VETERAN,
    not the lawyer,
    who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the
    VETERAN,
    not the politician,
    Who has given us the right to vote.

There is no need for seperation between grunts and POG's. If you want recognition for your MOS, become Aircrew,EOD, Recon or MARSOC. SOME of the Marines in these MOS's get to wear what we call "bling, bling" on their uniforms. Everyone has a job, as long as your good at what you do, thats all that matters.

Of course in the 5th Marines you get to wear that braid on your shoulder. Of course when I was with them all I got to wear was a pair of stinking, rotting off me, ripped utilities stained with all that red dust and sweat. But I can dream of what I would have looked like with that braid. Of course who the hell would know what it meant.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool So You want a John Wayne Medal do Ya?

Hamelik83 did You also do Your whole time in the Fleet as an 0311,or just on Qual.Day? With all due Respect S/F

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamelink83 View Post
    I walked point through IED infested areas...and I'm a POG. You wanna wear a ribbon so that people know your a grunt, that's fine, whatever man. I know what I've done while deployed, I lived, fought, and walked around (and in front) with the 03's. Grunt or POG, the enemy doesn't see that, all they see is a Marine.
    Now, instead of every now and then. Think about having to do that every day for 13 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Now, instead of every now and then. Think about having to do that every day for 13 months.
    And now, with all that **** in your head from those 13 months, think about how it plays over and over for the next 40+ years.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Of course in the 5th Marines you get to wear that braid on your shoulder. Of course when I was with them all I got to wear was a pair of stinking, rotting off me, ripped utilities stained with all that red dust and sweat. But I can dream of what I would have looked like with that braid. Of course who the hell would know what it meant.
    The real Marines called that a pogy rope. Some even said it was used is some sort of sex act. Let's face it, any decoration awarded by the french can't be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    The real Marines called that a pogy rope. Some even said it was used is some sort of sex act. Let's face it, any decoration awarded by the french can't be worth much.
    The french are great at giving awards to others that fight for them, and it is still used for sex acts - If you'd like to try it I'll get you one.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    The french are great at giving awards to others that fight for them, and it is still used for sex acts - If you'd like to try it I'll get you one.
    Russ, please send me another one. Ive wore out the last one you sent. Oh, and send one with smooth braids. That last one wore me raw. I have to sit down to pee now.

Credits
    Savings
    No thanks Russ, I've allready got enough awards. I've even got one that some arvin general personally gave me in your favorite place, Hue, for not getting the clapp from his half french wife.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    No thanks Russ, I've allready got enough awards. I've even got one that some arvin general personally gave me in your favorite place, Hue, for not getting the clapp from his half french wife.
    Tony, that's because she already gave Russ a whole case of it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CLAP....hay all im the north west distributor...aint sure where i got it????

Credits
    Savings
    Off a toilet seat maybe?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking 4Th REC*NT

Yo RICKY RECON,This Grunt was doin' 1 Arm pushup's & Jacking off at tha same time before You were Born MARSOGGY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Tony, that's because she already gave Russ a whole case of it.
    I was really surprised on that one. Her nickname for me was "You #1 GI. Yeah, we was bad to the bone.

Thread Information