Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them?
Create Post
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them?

I wanted to get some input from everyone...

I'm a grunt and I'm with grunts 99% of the time I'm at work. I know that for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt. I believe in the Army they distinguish themselves by their undershirt (black for grunts and tan for POGs) but I'm not sure...

Not meant to be condescending or a seperatist, just wanna see how the other side feels

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We're Marines. We already stand out from the rest.

We Are Legends There Is Nothing Else To Say. Besides The Grunts Already Have A Distiction, Sgtmaj Chuz Recited It To Tom Highway "scruffy

Semper Fi My Brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Were all in this together. With out grunts, their would be no one for support elements to support. With out support elements, grunts cant function.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I went to boot camp and all I got was a lousey tee shirt........

I was a grunt and I didn't need distinction.

I knew my job and support new there job and we was even......

ALL came from the same maker......Marine Corps Recruit Depots....and became Marines.....we do not need to separate from ourselves....."A Marine Corps divided will not stand!"

Our dress blue uniform.....makes us distinct as Marines from other service branches.....nothing else is needed.

in WWII we had the Raiders the powers that be said the Marines are already elite so did away with the Raiders and a Marine is a Marine that is why we have no unit patch or anything else on our uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    ..for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt....
    Huh? aren't you and the colleagues leaner, jaded, and more weathery looking than the average Marine one might see walking around Mainside

You can't tell already?

Here's how to distinguish grunts from POGs unless you haven't figured it out.

Is the Marine female? POG

Is the Marine from the inner city of a big New England or Southern California area? Probably POG

Is the Marine a minority? Probably a POG.

Is the Marine "Squared away"? Does he use terms like "devil dog" and "war hero" and "motivator"? If yes he is either a POG or a boot 03.

I assume any white, angry, bitter Marine with a decently long haircut that drops the F bomb once a sentence is a grunt....and I'm usually right.

Editted for clarities sake: Yes, obviously there are non-white grunts...at about the 5% rate. Compare that to IPAC, Cooks, Admin, etc and you get an almost 40% minority rate.

I've been both...why does it matter?

You are not in the Army. The Army feels a need to distinguish it's members by uniform items like scarves, calvary covers, unit patches, MOS pins, etc. The Navy also has ship and rate patches on their uniforms.

Our uniform identifies us as a Marine. Been that way for over 200 years...no need to change now.

If you see a Marine with a combat action ribbon, purple heart, etc., chances are he is a grunt.

I'd say I've seen just as many Motor-T guys with CARs as grunts recently.

That said, I think Aloha Marine said it best. We are definitely waaay less motarded.

Mike

Damn.... you think the grunts need to be able to distinguish themselves from other Marines? Guess you need to get out and join the Army. You can have all the cutesy things you want then. Being a Marine is enough. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

This has been brought up before, even had a bit in MarineTimes. Frankly, once you get to the "salty" point of your career you'll finally see it doesn't F'n matter.

The majority of MOS's these days don't even deploy for their MOS, they get reassigned as provisional rifle units and deployed as Grunts, because...every Marine is a rifleman.

All my buddies came back from Afghan recenelty doing a 7 month run in country for 24/7 small FOB ops and foot patrols the entire deployment. Another friend of mine (Bulk fuel) just lost his MOS cause it was **** canned, he's now doing PRP stuff as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    back in 6970??? not sure they had this go around that Marine grunts be issied black barets to distingwish them frome other Marines...the desission then as it still is...all are Marines...all are potental grunts if the situation came to that...i was 0311 and have no problem with that...they all went threw the same bootcamp

I would honestly care less if you had a way to distinguish yourself, as long as it doesn't cost the DoD any extra money, at all. We already ***** about our gear, then go and waste funds on stupid ****.

Also, for the slightly condecending remarks that some of you grunts decide to slide in while you attempt to make an argument about this topic....**** your mothers. The Marine Corps is going back to a lot of MEU's, which means Grunts are going from patrols to playing xbox and *****ing when the god damn internet is working.

If you want to be distinguished, fine. If you want to be a prick towards POGS, your only hurting your fellow grunts when I decide to delete their ****ing email inbox's because of your posts.

Thread Information