Camp Pendleton Marine named the Corps' top enlisted man
Create Post

Camp Pendleton Marine named the Corps' top enlisted man

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...d-m.html?lanow

Congratulations to Sgt. Major Michael Barrett!

Where in the hell was ball park security? If I were the owner of the Dodgers or the ball park there would have been a whole new security the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Where in the hell was ball park security? If I were the owner of the Dodgers or the ball park there would have been a whole new security the next day.
    This must be posted on the wrong thread.

Congrats to the new Marine Corps SgtMaj.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ggyoung what are you seeing when you clicked on the link provided? Most of us are seeing the news about the new Top enlisted man

Yes, let me add my congrats to Sgt.Maj Barrett. One hell of an accomplishment

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sergeant Major Micheal Barrett

Sergeant Major

1st Marine Division

Sergeant Major Barrett enlisted on 16 March 1981 and underwent recruit training at 2d Recruit Training Battalion, Delta Company, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, South Carolina.
    In November 1981, PFC Barrett completed Infantry Training School at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. He was ordered to 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 29 Palms California for duty. He served in a variety of billets from Grenadier – Platoon Sergeant.
    Sergeant Barrett was transferred in August 1984 to Inspector-Instructor duty with 2d Battalion 25th Marines, New Rochelle, New York. Outside of his primary duties as an infantry instructor, he was assigned numerous support duties to include; Armorer, Nuclear Biological Chemical NCO, and Training Chief.
    In September 1987, Sergeant Barrett was assigned to 3d Battalion 9th Marines. Here he assumed the responsibilities as Platoon Sergeant of the Surveillance, Target Acquisition Platoon (served eight months in the Persian Gulf as a Sniper).
    In April 1992, Staff Sergeant Barrett received orders to Drill Instructor School, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, CA. Upon completion of DI School, Staff Sergeant Barrett was assigned to Company F, 2d Recruit Training Battalion (RTBN) as a Drill Instructor, Senior Drill Instructor, and Chief Drill Instructor. In January 1994, Staff Sergeant Barrett was selected as the Battalion Drill Master of 2d RTBN.
    In January 1995, Gunnery Sergeant Barrett was assigned to Scout Sniper Instructor School, Quantico, Virginia as Chief Instructor.
    In September of 1996, Gunnery Sergeant Barrett was transferred to Marine Security Company, Camp David, Presidential Retreat for duties as the Company Gunnery Sergeant and liaison to the United States Secret Service.
    Upon completion of his tour at Camp David, First Sergeant Barrett was transferred to 3d Battalion 4th Marines, Twenty-nine Palms, CA, he assumed the duties of Company First Sergeant, India Company in August 1998 until April 2000. He was then assigned to Headquarters and Service Company from April 2000 to March 2001 and his tour culminated as the Senior Enlisted Leader of Weapons Company from March 2001 to June 2002.
    Sergeant Major Barrett was than assigned to Recruiting Station, Cleveland, Ohio from July 2002 until May 2005 as RS Sergeant Major.
    Sergeant Major Barrett was transferred to 2d Battalion 7th Marines in May 2005, completing two combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (04-06.2 and 06-08.1) in the Al Anbar Province. On 5 October 2007 Sergeant Major Barrett was assigned to Officer Candidates School, Quantico, Virginia.
    Sergeant Major Barrett assumed his present position as First Marine Division Sergeant Major, on 2 June 2009.
    Sergeant Major Barrett’s personal awards include the Bronze Star Medal “V” in lieu of 2d award, Meritorious Service Medal in lieu of 2d award, Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal “V” in lieu of 4th award, Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal in lieu of 3d award, Combat Action in lieu of 2d award and the Presidential Service Badge.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Chuck perhaps for some the link provided doesn't work

Damn f I know what happened. I thought I was posting on Dodgers and Giants opening game where the Giants fan had the crap kicked out of him by the Dodgers fans. If any one remove that do it

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Small world.

Damn f I know what happened. I thought I was posting on Dodgers and Giants opening game where the Giants fan had the crap kicked out of him by the Dodgers fans. If any one remove that do it
    Better watch the sauce, sometimes it does that to people.

I have it figured out now. If you look at the first post and then click on the thread or what ever it is and about the SgtMaj. then look down and there is a thread to click on about the Dodger-Giant opening game and what happened then you will see what I was talking about. BTW Old Marine I have not had any booze since 26 Aug 1979. It was stop or die. Got to my pancreases.

so the dodger fan got beat up by a giant fan? And thats bad? Kinda like what the giant team did to the Texas Rangers huh?

A little known fact !

I got more hair than that guy , I feel great !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	micheal_barrett.jpg‎
Views:	228
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	9081  

beat up

Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    so the dodger fan got beat up by a giant fan? And thats bad? Kinda like what the giant team did to the Texas Rangers huh?
    No. A bunch of dodgers fans damn near killed a giant fan. I guess he is still in the hospital.

Thread Information