What to do if we don't get paid...
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

What to do if we don't get paid...

Hey ya'll...this is my first post back here since I deployed (only been back two weeks).

Came back in a hell of a time...I don't know if this has been brought up, but it doesn't look like this stop gap bill is going to pass and dem's and republicans can't agree so it looks like we may not get paid on the 15th. However, they've said we are still to report in to work.

My question is what does everyone think about this?? I know I'll be on post deployment leave from the 16th until the 30th, so hopefully its worked out by the time I get back, however, I don't think that its right nor legal for them to require us to come in to work...I mean, what about the families living paycheck to paycheck that have to go out and find a week long job cutting lawns in order to pay their rent?

I'm pretty upset about this. Our leaders can't come to an agreement and I feel like we're being dangled as bait to try and push this budget through...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    Hey ya'll...this is my first post back here since I deployed (only been back two weeks).

Came back in a hell of a time...I don't know if this has been brought up, but it doesn't look like this stop gap bill is going to pass and dem's and republicans can't agree so it looks like we may not get paid on the 15th. However, they've said we are still to report in to work.

My question is what does everyone think about this?? I know I'll be on post deployment leave from the 16th until the 30th, so hopefully its worked out by the time I get back, however, I don't think that its right nor legal for them to require us to come in to work...I mean, what about the families living paycheck to paycheck that have to go out and find a week long job cutting lawns in order to pay their rent?

I'm pretty upset about this. Our leaders can't come to an agreement and I feel like we're being dangled as bait to try and push this budget through...
    I just posted that if you're a member of Navy Federal Credit Union they will be covering your full paycheck for 4/15. Perhaps other credit unions will do the same

you can always sell pencils on a corner somewhere

You live with it like everyone else did at least twice in the 70's.If your finances are that tight,maybe you will look for the reason and try to fix it.

Credits
    Savings
    They need to stop screwing with peoples lives and continue the stop gap until they can get together. We need to go up and throw the whole lot of them out and let us poor people run the place for a few years and then it will get fixed. The rich is going to do for the rich and the poor will always get thrown the scraps. How about dropping all those benefits they have after they leave. Put them in the social security system like us and not in a little select group like they have. Cut their pay because they sure are not doing anything constructive - more destructive than anything. Order a bunch of those red pencils so we can start drawing lines through the waste in the budget, cut their pay and benefits etc. They knew what they were going to do so why didn't they start this process six months ago or more!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I'm going to be ok. I just got back from deployment, and we were in the sticks the whole time so there wasn't a problem with spending out there. I'll be on leave for two weeks starting on pay day so it will most likely be resolved when I get back.

I'm more worried about some of the Marines without a solid nest egg saved up.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just read on Yahoo that the politicians sorted everything out and cut 38 billion dollars from the budget. Looks like everyone will be paided.

Credits
    Savings
    Negative...as of last night at 12:15, this is just a temporary stop gap to delay shutting down the government until Thursday. Awesome, but we get paid on Friday lol. It does give them more time though and therefore it should hopefully get resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post

From what I see all the people that need the money voted for Obama.

Its too bad too, I would have liked to see them go hungry.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm talking about active duty servicemen and women who live pay check to pay check. I could care less about civilians that are paycheck to paycheck IF they voted for him...they're on their own.

Sad thing is is that this all started under a DEMOCRAT controlled House and Senate, and now this whole mess is out of control. We will have to go through all of this again soon for the 2012 budget. The law should be changed to where the armed forces get paid and the House, Senate and the President don't as they do now. Just my two cents.

Thread Information