03xx
Create Post

Thread: 03xx

03xx

I'm set to leave for boot camp 20110516 and I've been wondering what's after boot camp but seeing as hardly any of the recruiter's around here have much knowledge of my MOS, it's hard for me to find information. I know I'll go to SoI and ITB once I've graduated. But how will my MOS be determined, for example if I wanted 0311, do I just get a wish list? And then what's after SoI? If anyone could entertain these questions, I'd appreciate it.
    Thank you.

Your MOS will be determined by any MOS deficiencies that currently exist.
    You don't get to choose your MOS.

As I stated in another thread here....you need to focus on completing boot camp and earn the title of 'Marine' and see what happens after that.
    Good luck...

It depends on what company you get in ITB. In Bravo, we DID get a wish list, but certain companies train certain MOS's (EX: Alpha doesn't train 52's, but Bravo does).

If your GT score and PFT are high enough, you'll get what you want. and if you want to be an 0311, don't stand out in ITB at all and you'll get it.

edit: Thats for Camp Geiger, don;t know how it works out on the west coast

Yes, he should concentrate on earning the title marine but there’s nothing bad about asking what his job possibilities will be as there’s really not that much he can do (besides not become a dope addict/fat body) to “concentrate” on becoming one.

It’s a hit or miss really on how it’s allocated if you’re active; they might need xx number of 0311 and xxxxx number of 0352or0351…really depends on which one the Green Weenie strikes you with. At least that’s the way it was in 2006, not sure now.

Thread Information