Sending to letters to other recruits
Create Post

Sending to letters to other recruits

This is a rediculous question, but a friend and I have been wondering if it's allowed for a recruit to send letters from Parris Island to another recruit in Parris Island. Especially if one recruit is male, and the other is female.

A pretty damn good friend of mine ships a month after me, and we were both wondering if that's possible, for maybe, if it was allowed, would we be thrashed for it or anything?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers you can give me

If the Drill Instructor sees the return address or if the envelope has Parris Island on it, just expect "Another Fine Game by Milton & Bradley" It wont be pretty. I promise.

understood

yeah don't bother. not worth the additional hassle you'll get

i didnt get in any trouble for a letter from another recruit. my problem was the Eagle Globe and Anchor on the envelope as he used the stationary from the Recruit PX lol

oh haha, so I can it, just bring normal envelopes?

with no return address or his home address so as to not raise suspicion

I received two letters from male recruits one day. It was from two recruits I had met while working the pit at the rifle range. It surprised me since I never gave them my address and when I realized who it was from I was shocked that my Drill Instructor never said anything about it.

Then I found out from other girls that they had been getting letters from male recruits as well. I replied to the letters and we wrote back and forth and nothing was said on our end or theirs.

Now that doesn't mean your Drill Instructor (or your friend's) won't flip. My understanding is that they cannot keep mail from you. But, at what cost are you willing to risk it? Do you want to get QD'd every time you get mail? Just a thought...

because your Drill Instructor may make you work for the letters

(I tried to add this to the post above but it was too late)

It happened, they didn't really care too much. My girlfriend at the time ended up going through at the exact same time as me, for the record we are now engaged 3 years later. We usually just passed notes on Sundays (go to a small service, like the Jewish services, they are in small under-supervised rooms you can usually talk to other guys and maybe get a few words in with your female friends. I saw my now fiance every Sunday and was able to get a hug in now and then).

Mike

Thanks CrazyMJB! That's good news!

You can write to whomever you want to. You can also receive mail from anyone. Looks like you will not become a brain surgeon.

Definatly not, Gunny

Thread Information