PLC or NROTC?
Create Post

Thread: PLC or NROTC?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PLC or NROTC?

Sirs,

Off the bat I would like to appologise for this post being quite long-winded, but I beg you to please help me.

I come to you asking for some advice regarding which route would be the recommended one to take in my goal in becoming an Officer in the Corps.

I would just like to say that I have indeed looked through the forums in order to find an answer to my question, but although what I have found has been helpful, none of the threads have answered my specific questions.

Let me begin with some background:

I am a 17 year old high school senior, who goes to school in England. I have three citizenships: American, British and Brazilian (although I will not be Brazilian once I turn 18 due to some weird law). And for the passed few years I have been wanting to join the Marines more and more.

And now, why I need advice:

I have been accepted into three Colleges: University of Miami (offered a scholarship - must maintain a 3.0 to keep it), University of Virginia, and Villanova University.

Looking at it from a perspective of having a career in the Marines (which I am not 100% sure of), Nova would be the best choice but they do not have the best courses that I am looking for (Military History and Poli Sci) and I want my freedom - so that is off the list.

So my choice is between UM and UVa. I really want to go to UM BUT, UM does not have NROTC, meaning I would have to go through PLC.

My question is this: should I take the easy option of going to UVa where they have everything, but I would not be as happy as I would be at UM, or should I take the chance of going through the much more demanding process of PLC but have the backing of a scholarship and good grades (not that I won't keep them up at UVa), whilst freeing up my social life without NROTC but replaced by personal studying for PLC?

Any advice is welcome, and I appologise again for this being such a long post, but this is an important decision that could change the path of my life from one to another...

Thank you.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Rather than a question this seems like you basically want us to advise you what to do in life. I'll let you decide that.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Come to think of it, that is what it sounds like, but not what I want it to come across like.

What I'm trying to get at is if I do go to UM, what can I do to ensure I get into PLC, as there won't be an NROTC there to sort of "guide me step-by-step". You know?

Here is a thread for you to follow and to read. Read the information and if it does not provide enough for you... post a question.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=Officer

Good luck.

Thread Information