Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Joe Falbo

send me a message if you know any info

Credits
    Savings
    please i have something that belongs to him or family of this Marine my father served and i would love to have his stuff from the war so thats how i look at it any information at all i would appreciate it greatly its been five years of searching and just now am i understanding how to use this computer thanks everyone

Tom Please Fill Out Your Profile So We Know Who You Are Thank You And Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    I left a quick message but i updated a little bit if anyone knows a way to search like death record or find him by his number.. please let me know thank you

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tom vranjes View Post
    send me a message if you know any info
    My father has/had this name. I was actually Google-ing to see if he had passed away or not...I look for him from time to time. He was in and out a lot my growing up and he left my sister and I for good in 1993. I saw him for about 3 hours in '04 or '05 but I can't find him again.

Attached below is the last known picture of my father. His name is Joe Falbo and in the picture with him is his third wife Dee. The picture is from the 1993 Rolling Thunder Rally in Washington, DC.

Joe would be 61 this past January 31. He was a Marine in Vietnam and has a snake tattoo named Ralph on his forearm, but I don't remember which one anymore. He wears glasses and two hearing aids becasue of tumors that, according to my childhood memories, they think were brought on by Agent Orange, took most of his hearing. He has been a member of Local 150 for longer than I can remember and had worked his way up to general foreman or the like...I am not totally familiar with the union ranks... He also had his own welding business on the side called Joe Falbo Welding for sometime. He has two daughters (myself and my sister Kati) by his first wife, Diana who passed away in 1998 at age 39 from ovarian cancer. He had a second wife named Naomi but no children by her. He has two step children by his third wife Dee. His last known address I could find was down in Little Italy on Loomis just north of Taylor but the building has been sold and was empty when I checked the fall before last. From what I understand he might still be riding his Harley and has a network of friends in the veterans' biking community.

I did find out the location of his best friend Joe Mamma. Yes, that's his name. I called and left my info for my dad last year. His friend promised a return call...I heard nothing. Not a darn thing. I wanted him to see me get married. I haven't tried again to contact him. Here is his friend, Joe Mamma's, professional contact info:
    http://whosmamajoemama.com/ 773-835-7720 1156 E Green St, Franklin Park, IL 60131

If my father is not still alive, I am not sure who the belongings you speak of would go to...his biological children, me and my sister, or his third wife. I'll leave that up to you.

I wish you luck. If it is my father, and you do make contact, please tell him his daughter Sara misses him.

Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    If I were you, I would try again to contact that person, then maybe write a heartfelt letter asking him to contact you........sometimes people don't want to be bothered just because it doesn't concern them, they don't care how you feel about it---so keep after him a little bit, not too much, and see if he does contact you
    I might try again. His one granddaughter turned 13 today. I am getting ready to start a family myself. I think of him often and wonder how he is...I forgave him many years ago and only wish him the best in life. I hope he has found peace. As odd as it sounds for a 34-year-old woman to say it, I miss my daddy. I might try again soon.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I think it's terrible that some folks just will not help someone else with info about their own father
    I think I might have given the wrong impression about my dad's friend. The friend of my dad was very nice. He was very excited to hear from me...he knew me as a kid I guess. I have vague remembrance of him being at my mother's funeral. Maybe even a ball bearer. He had seen my dad the week before and said he could connect me. He took my mailing address, my email address, and my phone number and said he would call my dad right away. The friend even called me back to let me know that the reason I didn't hear form my dad yet (it had been an hour) was that my dad was at the VA hospital getting tests and to not worry I would hear from him...but I never did. My father ended up cutting out his last sibling he spoke too in the last decade or so too...He is now in his own little world with his third wife. No family from the past. So I find it is my dad's reasoning that left my request with no response. I was happy to hear he was at the VA hospital though. Vietnam messed him up pretty bad and e never talked about it and never went to the VA for anything...if he is going to them for help now I hope that means some of his demons are gone.

I will take your advice though. I write a short letter to my dad and go see his friend at the shop in person to drop it off. Maybe that will make an impression if I quietly and politely hand deliver it to the friend.

Thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Similar situation
    I "found"my dad after I turned 55
    Long story mom was 18 her parents did not approve of Danny
    Danny was a sailor WW II
    They separated/ divorced

Finally I goggled his name and found several matches
    I knew he was from WI so I started there

I was able to see him twice before he passed on

Like you I had no bad thoughts,life twists and turns and I only wished him the best

Credits
    Savings
    joe falbo 2471989 chu lai nam 1969-70 sorry i have very limited computer time but i will check it as often as i can.. thank you and if i find anything else i will post it up asap

Credits
    Savings
    I know it has been a few years...

My dad is/was the textbook but Vietnam Vet; PTSD, anger issues, won't talk about the war, trust issues, cancer from Agent Orange, inconsistent presence (at best) in our lives. I found him later in life and got to talk to him for a couple of hours but then I lost him again. When I was able to track him down once more so he could know his grandson, he wanted nothing to do with us. I grew up afraid of him...even during the long years of not knowing his location. Somehow, he thinks I was the one who betrayed him somehow in life. I came across a copy of my father's DD-214. Even if I cannot find him, can anyone tell me about his service in Vietnam? What did he do? I know he saw terrible things because he was never able to talk about the war and was not able to be a father despite his efforts. I am not looking for the gory details. I think if I understood even a little about his service, I could develop a memory set of pride instead of pain for myself and to share with my own son.

It will not let me post a picture or link since I have not posted for so long but the picture of DD-214 is on my Instagram and my user name is Bleyedreamer.

www (dot) instagram (dot) com/p/B0Q48PPAf28/

Last edited by sjfalbo; 07-23-19 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Thread Information