Inspired By This
Create Post

Thumbs up Inspired By This

I was looking around the "demotivational" posters and found this, however, this motivates the hell out of me. Click Here.

Regrets?

That's what makes Marines, Marines, and not soldiers...

Awsome poster. And I would deffinitaly agree with Nerd. I know very well that I could get deployed somewhere in the World and come back with missing limbs, be completely screwed up in the head, or not come back at all. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that this is what we signed up for, and taking that risk is part of it. There is nothing we can do to prevent it other than train hard to be as prepared as possible. If something does happen, we will have to just deal with it. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

a true hero

Im sure if you asked that man he would really say he didnt regret it.

but images like that do make me wonder why everyone is fighting to be an 03.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    That's what makes Marines, Marines, and not soldiers...
    That doesn't make any sense. I have met amputee soldiers who still say they have no regrets about fighting. My grandfather (US Army Vet) collected VA checks for his missing limb until he died shortly before I was born. I have also met Marines who hated their time overseas. Yes, everybody is correct in this thread about accepting the risks, but my uncle who was a Navy submariner said he joined up in a submarine specifically because he wanted his death to be quick and not come back with no limbs if it came to that. His submarine ended up sinking the most Japanese ships.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles097 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. I have met amputee soldiers who still say they have no regrets about fighting. My grandfather (US Army Vet) collected VA checks for his missing limb until he died shortly before I was born. I have also met Marines who hated their time overseas. Yes, everybody is correct in this thread about accepting the risks, but my uncle who was a Navy submariner said he joined up in a submarine specifically because he wanted his death to be quick and not come back with no limbs if it came to that. His submarine ended up sinking the most Japanese ships.
    I agree. Marines should be proud but it doesn't mean they are any better in terms of honor and bravery. It's really an individual thing, not a branch thing.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yay for common sense Graybook and Achilles, finally some more people to fight the sheer retardation that fosters here.

Yeah, honor is only for the Marine Corps, not the other branches that have people out there dying as we speak.

Thread Information