Advice from the old war dogs
Create Post

Advice from the old war dogs

I'm a poolee who leaves 6 June 2011. I have been in my high school's JROTC program for 3 years, and MAN have i learned alot!! I must say, i owe alot to my Marine Instructors.
    I mentioned in another post that i have realized that the best advice you can get about anything- especially the Marine Corps- will come from the "old crusty Marines"

So what i am interested to hear is the little tidbits of advice that served you or are serving you well during your time as a Marine. I know i would enjoy it, and i think that any poolee would really appreciate the advice!

p.s. I hope nobody is offended by the "old crusty" term. It really is a term of endearment! I wouldn't be half of what i am today if it weren't for my Gunny and Master Sergeant!

I'll bump you and say to you what I said in another thread here yesterday.

From this moment on...you strive to set the best of examples by being the toughest recruit in your platoon.
    Think of little else.
    At some point in your military experience you just may be the Marine called upon to save a wounded Brother during combat....I can speak from some experience.
    Keep that 'tidbit' in mind during all the weeks of pain you are about to endure.
    Settle for nothing less that earning "The Title" with dignity, courage and integrity.
    Do not embarrass us.

That's my nickels worth...hope that helps and good luck.

Thread Information