Retainer at boot camp??
Create Post

Talking Retainer at boot camp??

Hello Marines, sorry for probably a dumb question but I figure I'll ask anyway. Just know that before you get farther I don't want to take my retainer because I'm trying to look my best and stay pretty. Anyone that has had braces knows that if you leave it out for a week your teeth can really start to move. Anymore than that and you're at risk of something worse. I don't want to know what the damage will look like after 13 weeks without it. It could be the cause for a lot of money for the orthodontist to get them fixed. Again, I know boot camp isn't a fashion show and I'm not trying to impress anyone with a killer smile, I just want to avoid the aftermath of it.

Thank you for your time,
    Poolee Posey

Haven't asked him yet, just was wondering last night so I posted on here. I'll see if I an get in contact with him today. Thank you Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What about a permanate retainer?

I have one but I also have a clear plastic one for my top teeth. If I don't wear the clear one the permanent ones on the back of my teeth aren't cut out for the job on their own.

My xp with it has been you can only wear it at night time.

That's all I have to do now anyway so hopefully there should be no problems.

I didn't bring mine to boot, but I was talking to a Female Marine the other day and she said that she brought hers but she had to let her DI's know she had it plus they didn't want to see it so you're only allowed to wear it at night when you're sleeping.

It would have been too much of a hassle at boot to have a retainer..unless it's a permanent one that doesn't come out.

Thread Information