Should I put in for increased compensation??
Create Post

Should I put in for increased compensation??

Hello. I was awarded 80% combined rating for PTSD, TBI and Migrains in September of 2010. I have moved a couple of times, and I have come across a couple of shi$$% VA outpatient clinics (doctors not showing up to apts, doctors on vacations for weeks on end, etc) and I have not been to a single doctors apointment in about 7 months. I do have one scheduled for this month at yet another clinic so hopefully this one works out.

My question is this. Should I file the VA Form 21-526b(increse of compensation due to worsening conditions) or should I wait a bit until I have a few more doc apts?

I was recently discharged from the Corps with a 50% DOD rating (Combat related) also.

I think I can get 100% VA Comp but I just dont know when I should file for it. Thanks

Anyone out there

Your best bet

Is to wait until you get some good sound appointments, Make sure you go to the shrink for PTSD a few times more if you have 80% already that may be all you get for now. I would wait. get copies of all your records and keep them safe.

Get a service officer to represent you. They know how to handle all these things. I'd recommend the DAV, it costs you nothing.

Agreed. Also, while it may suck to wait, try to find a good 'doc and stick with them, the longer the better. Unless you have to file now, you'll likely get a better chance for an upgrade with a long, knowledgeable report rather than a short cursory one.

Agreed waiting sucks but you need to have better reports to give the review board and the DAV will help when you are ready.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Question…have you gone through a combat stress unit yet or anything similar in your area ? Are you attending any group therapy sessions ? To be able to file for an increase you will need to show increased stress factors that would warrant the increase. It is all about the documentation keep up your appointments , use the Vet Centers, or go see the VA Administration and complain your needs are not being met. Also, make sure you have a good Service Officer before you file any increase.

Quote Originally Posted by lmholmes11 View Post
    Hello. I was awarded 80% combined rating for PTSD, TBI and Migrains in September of 2010. I have moved a couple of times, and I have come across a couple of shi$$% VA outpatient clinics (doctors not showing up to apts, doctors on vacations for weeks on end, etc) and I have not been to a single doctors apointment in about 7 months. I do have one scheduled for this month at yet another clinic so hopefully this one works out.

My question is this. Should I file the VA Form 21-526b(increse of compensation due to worsening conditions) or should I wait a bit until I have a few more doc apts?

I was recently discharged from the Corps with a 50% DOD rating (Combat related) also.

I think I can get 100% VA Comp but I just dont know when I should file for it. Thanks

Thread Information