Freeze on all switches from active to reserve?
Create Post

Freeze on all switches from active to reserve?

So I switched to reserves about a month ago to see if college would be a good choice and had a change in heart...little dumb me lost my ship date, contract, and found out that the Marine Corps isn't allowing switches from reserve to active, or active to reserves. Not sure if this is just what my recruiters telling me but wanted to know if anyone else knew!

Thanks,

Poolee McDonald

IDK how it is now, but I know I had a reserve contract and switched to active probably like 6 or so months ago. Maybe they just started this?

I also switched from reserves to active, but I have heard about the freeze because actve is full! The Corps needs more reserves from what I hear. My RSS is pushing for people to switch over to reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bMarine10 View Post
    I also switched from reserves to active, but I have heard about the freeze because actve is full! The Corps needs more reserves from what I hear. My RSS is pushing for people to switch over to reserves.
    The Corps must don't need them bad enough if I'm still here posting.....

I've been pushing to leave ASAP for about 2 months now but somebody is shuffling their feet somewhere....

Hopefully in a month or so it switches back because I want to go active. I screwed up switching to reserves. I got accepted to all my colleges its just that I decided why am I going to go when I want to be a Marine and after that a fire fighter. Not much you can take in college to become a Fire Fighter :P

Thread Information