Live in NC, boot camp in San Diego?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Live in NC, boot camp in San Diego?

hey, im joining the DEP this summer, and the MOS that interests me most is 0313, LAV Crewman. From what i've read it sounds like that because LAV school is on the west coast it is offered every time at western SOI, but it is rare to get the chance here in the east. i was hoping there was some way i could attend boot camp or at least SOI in the west coast to increase my chances of getting the mos i want. do you know of any way to do this? or do all east coast recruits stay in the east coast?
    thanks for all help Marines!

To my knowledge, you'll do boot on the island, then SOI in Cali. Dont stand solid on that though because I'm not 100% sure, I had some 0313's in boot with me and when they got their orders that's where they were going.

You don't get to pick where you go to boot camp. If you live east of the Miss you go to PI if you live west of it you become a Hollywood Marine.

PISC is easier anyway...(;

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Hit the nail on the head there MasterGuns...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post

I would have rather spent the whole time living in a SC swamp then climb those damn mountains lol

And good luck with those LAV's after almost sweating to death crammed in the back of one of thost things with 5 other Marines in mid Aug. in Helmand I would rather just walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmidget View Post
    hey, im joining the DEP this summer, and the MOS that interests me most is 0313, LAV Crewman. From what i've read it sounds like that because LAV school is on the west coast it is offered every time at western SOI, but it is rare to get the chance here in the east. i was hoping there was some way i could attend boot camp or at least SOI in the west coast to increase my chances of getting the mos i want. do you know of any way to do this? or do all east coast recruits stay in the east coast?
    thanks for all help Marines!
    Hey your azz we are Marines, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information