How do I get a bonus?
Create Post

How do I get a bonus?

Whenever I ask my gunny or sgt about a bonus they start to laugh, then they said well even if we was to give you a bonus, you wouldnt be eligible for a re-enlistment bonus once i re-enlist which is around '40k' apparently, but I've heard and done some research on my MOS and seen that I should get a 4k sign on bonus. If it was up to me yes, I would take my bonus now. So how do I get it, does it come from my recruiting station?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randle8907 View Post
    Whenever I ask my gunny or sgt about a bonus they start to laugh, then they said well even if we was to give you a bonus, you wouldnt be eligible for a re-enlistment bonus once i re-enlist which is around '40k' apparently, but I've heard and done some research on my MOS and seen that I should get a 4k sign on bonus. If it was up to me yes, I would take my bonus now. So how do I get it, does it come from my recruiting station?
    You don't get any enlistment bonus unless your selected MOS field has one, and you still don't get it until you've successfully made it through boot camp, SOI, and the MOS school. And, no, your recruiter's office has nothing to do with disbursing the money.

Thank you. That is what I was searching for. My MOS is Aviation Electronics, Im going to Pensacola so I geuss if I were to receive one, it would be when I was down there huh.

You dont get the bonus until you hit the fleet. Your recruiter is lying to you since getting an enlistment or shipping bonus doesnt keep you from getting a reenlistment bonus. They are feeding you a line of bs but your recruiting station does not have to give you that 4k bonus either but then again if bonus money is what your after look into the Army.

Thank you. That is what I was searching for. My MOS is Aviation Electronics, I'm going to Pensacola so I guess if I were to receive one, it would be when I was down there huh.
    Really have to be honest here.... worry about getting your EGA.... worry about passing A school...worry about all the things you need to learn when you hit the fleet. I was an AT... it wasn't easy 40 years ago and it won't be now. The least of your worries should be a bonus. If you rate one... you will get it. And you will get it when the Marine Corps deems it is the right time.

Whatever happens...Good Luck.

the bonus dropped to 4G's? Look bonuses arent as amazing as you think plus the taxes not worth crying about.Marine3451 is right, looking for green go ACU status other than that be proud that at one point you might rate to call yourself a Marine. Quit worrying about money youll have plenty of it on a combat deployment

There are two seperate contracts for your enlistment option. One comes with a bonus and one does not. You have the one that does not come with a bonus which means that you do not rate an enlistment bonus.

Asking your recruiters for a bonus is the wrong way to go about it. We usually assign bonuses to the poolees that never ask for them.

Well, I'm not the most informed in this subject, but when I enlisted, I actually rated a $3,000 bonus, and my recruiter told me straight to my face that I did not rate a bonus. I only figured out I was mislead by my recruiter when I got to my specialty school and a bunch of other people were getting ready to get their green in their bank accounts.

Don't get me wrong, there are good and bad recruiters, but ultimately, they all have a job to do: To get as many people as possible to join. I've learned one thing: Bonuses are just one more tool to get people to join. If recruiters see that you are willing to join without receiving a bonus, they won't give you one. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel72 View Post
    Well, I'm not the most informed in this subject, but when I enlisted, I actually rated a $3,000 bonus, and my recruiter told me straight to my face that I did not rate a bonus. I only figured out I was mislead by my recruiter when I got to my specialty school and a bunch of other people were getting ready to get their green in their bank accounts.

Don't get me wrong, there are good and bad recruiters, but ultimately, they all have a job to do: To get as many people as possible to join. I've learned one thing: Bonuses are just one more tool to get people to join. If recruiters see that you are willing to join without receiving a bonus, they won't give you one. I hope this helps.
    Wrong. There are only so many bonuses per year to give out. Just because there is a bonus for a specific MOS does not mean that everyone rates it. Because you had the contract that did not give you the bonus, you did not rate the bonus. Often bonuses have different qualifications than the MOS itself.

The correct question to ask when a recruiter says you do not rate a bonus is "Am I missing some of the qualifications for this bonus?" Or once you are in the delayed entry program and have your job assigned "How many bonuses are available for my job program?"

If you are joining the Marine Corps for a bonus, you are joining the wrong service. Go join the Army.

I had 4 friends going RO, 3 had no bonus and one had a 12k bonus. Like all the Marines before me have said, there is only so many and not everyone gets one. The recruiters dont care if you get a bonus or not, if you have already signed, then there job is basically finished, now they just need you to hold you part and make it to boot camp. Granted, not all recruiters are that way, some will go out of there way and try to get you it, but like also stated, they do that for those who never ask about it and really put out, or get other people to enlist. If it was me, and you kept asking, you would be the last person on my list. Just like everything in the Marine Corps, if you bug the hell out of your SNCOIC about wanting this and that, they'll just give it to the other Marines that were working while you were begging.

How do I get a bonus?

Join the Army...

Quote Originally Posted by Joel72 View Post

Wrong. The mission for recruiters today is to get the best qualified applicants enlisted. Being that the USMC exceeded its retention goals, why would quantity be stressed over quality?

How would a private know the mission of recruiters anyway? Are they sending privates to recruiting school now?

You need to complete your profile ASAP Joel72 (you are about to get extracted out of here).

Your field may rate a bonus however if you didnt get it in your contract you do not rate it. when you enlist or reenlist for that matter get EVERYTHING in writing. the enlistment bonus must be stated in the enlistment contract. If it is in fact in your contract then once you get to the fleet youll get it as has been said previously.

Thread Information