MEPS questions
Create Post

Thread: MEPS questions

MEPS questions

Hey all,

I searched the forums to see if there were any related topics regarding the questions I have about MEPS, and I couldn't find any.

So I'm supposed to be visiting MEPS either next week or the week after that to take the medical exam and IST. I know this seems silly, but say I went to MEPS wearing a Marine Corps t-shirt, will I get flak from Marines working there for wearing a shirt like that? Should I just stick to a plain store brand shirt?

I know I'm gonna be stuck there all day, so I'll probably end up wearing sweatpants or something (unless that is a no-no?).

I'm sure they really don't care about what I wear, as long as it's not inappropriate, but it's better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Thanks a lot Marines.

SDP

LOl

Quote Originally Posted by SheDevilPup View Post
    Hey all,

I searched the forums to see if there were any related topics regarding the questions I have about MEPS, and I couldn't find any.

So I'm supposed to be visiting MEPS either next week or the week after that to take the medical exam and IST. I know this seems silly, but say I went to MEPS wearing a Marine Corps t-shirt, will I get flak from Marines working there for wearing a shirt like that? Should I just stick to a plain store brand shirt?

I know I'm gonna be stuck there all day, so I'll probably end up wearing sweatpants or something (unless that is a no-no?).

I'm sure they really don't care about what I wear, as long as it's not inappropriate, but it's better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Thanks a lot Marines.

SDP
    I would not think you would get any flak wearing something like that to MEPS. Just don't wear it when you head out to boot camp, you will be hammered HARD for that...

Quote Originally Posted by student28 View Post
    I would not think you would get any flak wearing something like that to MEPS. Just don't wear it when you head out to boot camp, you will be hammered HARD for that...
    Right. I knew about boot camp which made me curious about whether they'd give me a hard time about it when I go to visit MEPS.

It was a silly question, but you never know. lol

Thank you!

No question is a silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by SheDevilPup View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks a lot Marines.

SDP
    This is not a silly question. Many MEPS are very particular about what an applicant can and can't wear for processing. For example, as a female you must wear white briefs (granny panties) only! Your physical will be stopped if you wear a thong or any other type of underwear.

Ask your recruiter for specific guidelines. Don't be shy. I have made midnight runs to wal-mart to prevent an applicant from getting tossed out of MEPS. Don't let that happen to you!

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    May I ask a question about MEPS? Can the poolee call MEPS and ask them what attire is appropriate?
    Or ask their recruiter? this would be better than just showing up in the wrong clothes...not this poster, but in general.

Thread Information