Is Marine Corps Base Hawaii considered West or Overseas?
Create Post

Is Marine Corps Base Hawaii considered West or Overseas?

If the recruiter asks you where you want to be stationed at west, east, or overseas and i dot know what to say because I dont know.

Justin, you're only 14 years old. You have a couple of years to go before a recruiter will even talk with you. Concentrate on finishing high school first....and graduating with a high school diploma.

You do get a wish list when you're in your MOS school....east coast, west coast or overseas....and depending on what you choose, you'll go were the Marine Corps wants you to go.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by oorahjustin View Post
    If the recruiter asks you where you want to be stationed at west, east, or overseas and i dot know what to say because I dont know.
    Son for the most part you don't get to say where you want to serve unless your MOS has something to do with it. As softballcatch said, you'll go where the Corps needs you, it's not a democracy.

Hawaii, being part of the United States is considered West.If you're outside the country you're considered "overseas"

Odd but true, when I was in we only had 48 states, Hawaii and Alaska were considered territories

Actually, I believe MCBH is considered west coast if you're trying for it on a wishlist of some sort. I believe your overseas duty stations are Iwakuni and Okinawa. Although the Marine Corps considers MCBH to be OCONUS when it comes time to PCS.

Hawaii for the Marine Corps isn't like Hawaii for civilians, if you're in the field a lot, well it rains there.

A lot.

I don't think I ever want to go back in a tourist capacity..

for my MOS we treat it as overseas because of the command and i thought that went through out the Corps

Hawaii is about half way from the Far East and half way from the West Coast. You figure it out.

I chose overseas and got hawaii and another person in my class chose west coast and got hawaii so its wherever the Monitor feels like sending you

Had a buddy who spent a 2 year tourer in Japan working the brig at one of the Navy air stations. He had his wife and kids with. He got orders for west-pac. Ended up in Vietnam.

Thread Information