Disqualified for scarification on wrist - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineInMaking View Post
    "Half-sleeve or quarter sleeve tattoos that are visible to the eye when wearing standard PT Gear (T-shirt and shorts). A half-sleeve or quarter-sleeve tattoo is defined as a very large tattoo or collection of smaller tattoos that covers, or almost covers the entire portion of an army or leg above or below the elbow or knee."

this one has caught my eye a number of times because of the statement "that are visible to the eye"

is this taken directly from the Marine's rule books or is this paraphrased in any way. A suggestion too a site with the most reliable information would be greatly appreciated.

"Marines who currently have a sleeve tattoo(s) prior to 1 April 2007, will be grandfathered. The Marine's command will insert a photograph(s) of the respective (tattoo(s) along with a measurement(s) of the size in inches and of the location(s) on the body and the date the tattoo(s) was documented, on the Page 11 of the Marine's SRB. The Marine will sign the Page 11 entry verifying the information is correct."

this one as well. does it mean already enlisted marines? or those looking too enlist. I got mine on my 16th birthday (February 19th 2007)
    although i did not keep any documentation, but i have witnesses
    You're grasping at straws here. When YOU got it means nothing. That part of the policy applied to people who were ALREADY Marines with tats when the new policy went into effect. They were grandfathered, you may well be screwed.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    You're grasping at straws here. When YOU got it means nothing. That part of the policy applied to people who were ALREADY Marines with tats when the new policy went into effect. They were grandfathered, you may well be screwed.

Thank you, that's what i thought, i guess i am just interpreting what i want to be true. This is looking worse the more i look into it.

Okay, I took the time to read this loooong winded thread. I think I can ad a new spin on this. See how many more pages it will go. LOL

If a person is currently enlisted in say the Navy, and decides to do a lat. move to the Marines, don't the Corps show more latitude when it comes to tattoos? Seems to me they did back in my day.

And if so, he could join the Navy, and at the end of his enlistment move to the Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Josh, at least you talked it out, found out more info, discussed it, and did not just figure, well, it's not worth even talking about. So some good came out of it.
    my thoughts exactly, and i would like too thank everybody again for the useful information.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTSpec View Post
    Okay, I took the time to read this loooong winded thread. I think I can ad a new spin on this. See how many more pages it will go. LOL

If a person is currently enlisted in say the Navy, and decides to do a lat. move to the Marines, don't the Corps show more latitude when it comes to tattoos? Seems to me they did back in my day.

And if so, he could join the Navy, and at the end of his enlistment move to the Marines.
    I was aware of this, but i do not understand the rules of switching branches. I'm going too talk too my recruiter tomorrow morning, maybe he will shed some light on the subject.
    Thank you for taking your time too read this, this idea may also prove extremely useful.

Credits
    Savings
    Well i'm going to bed for now, will check this post again in a few days. Will be out of state for the next few days.

I want too thank everyone again for the information you've provided. It's greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineInMaking View Post
    I was aware of this, but i do not understand the rules of switching branches. I'm going too talk too my recruiter tomorrow morning, maybe he will shed some light on the subject.
    Thank you for taking your time too read this, this idea may also prove extremely useful.
    In my platoon in Boot we had a guy who had one stint each in the Army, Air force, and Navy, and wanted to give the Marines a try. Don't know what his rank was in the other services, but he graduated a PFC which back then was usually reserved for the platoon guide. Was weird being 17 in boot and having a guy in his late 20s going through boot with you.

Angry Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Corps does not have a period at the end unless you have it at the end of a sentence.

And I agree Rocky...this has gone on way to loooooooooooong.
    SERIOUSLY??? Over a period at the end of Corps? I mean come on, isn't that a little frigging overboard now. Leave it to Lisa (and others I might add) to blow down the hopes and dreams of some of these Poolees and wannabes sometimes. I think its ridiculous how some of my fellow Marines on this site make far too big of an issue over something as ridiculous as a period on the end of the word Corps or the Capitalization of a certain word. I mean come on everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on pencils.

Is it really necessary to waste time posting the forum rules in some of these threads all the time or correcting people over spelling errors? I mean the Poolees are old enough to read the forum rules themselves before they post and old enough to use a spell checker on their own. I don't think we need to be wasting our time correcting them on something as pathetic as a period on the end of a word.

These Poolees and wannabes are the ones who are one day going to be defending this great Nation and maybe even god forbid coming home in a flag-draped casket because they paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of their country. Or they may eventually one day be coming home from one of the war zones mentally and / or physically scarred and traumatized. We should be focusing on how best to prepare them to be Marines, and not worrying about a period on the end of a word. Let's not forget that WE WERE ALL LIKE THEM BEFORE WE WERE MARINES. Yes, even Marines make mistakes, so let's face that one now. I just think its ridiculous how some of us make a big@ss issue over stupid things like periods and spelling.

We are here to help them, not shoot them down over something as pointless as a lousy frigging grammatical error. Some Marines seem to forget that we all had to earn the title, and we once did not "rate" either at one point in our lives. I mean for god's sake it does get old sometimes seeing my fellow Marines constantly get so touchy over something that pointless, life is way to short.

Maybe this should be a separate thread, I don't know. Anyway, that's my 2 fvcking cents on this subject. I've pulled an extremely long and difficult fvcking shift today at the station and I'm tired as Hell and had some very stressful calls and I'm not in a good mood. That's all I've got to say on this one. Now I'm hitting the rack and going to sleep.

Why don`t you just get a tatoo of a wrist over it?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! OH!! Now That's funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CPLBurkeD View Post
    SERIOUSLY??? Over a period at the end of Corps? I mean come on, isn't that a little frigging overboard now. Leave it to Lisa (and others I might add) to blow down the hopes and dreams of some of these Poolees and wannabes sometimes. I think its ridiculous how some of my fellow Marines on this site make far too big of an issue over something as ridiculous as a period on the end of the word Corps or the Capitalization of a certain word. I mean come on everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on pencils.

Is it really necessary to waste time posting the forum rules in some of these threads all the time or correcting people over spelling errors? I mean the Poolees are old enough to read the forum rules themselves before they post and old enough to use a spell checker on their own. I don't think we need to be wasting our time correcting them on something as pathetic as a period on the end of a word.

These Poolees and wannabes are the ones who are one day going to be defending this great Nation and maybe even god forbid coming home in a flag-draped casket because they paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of their country. Or they may eventually one day be coming home from one of the war zones mentally and / or physically scarred and traumatized. We should be focusing on how best to prepare them to be Marines, and not worrying about a period on the end of a word. Let's not forget that WE WERE ALL LIKE THEM BEFORE WE WERE MARINES. Yes, even Marines make mistakes, so let's face that one now. I just think its ridiculous how some of us make a big@ss issue over stupid things like periods and spelling.

We are here to help them, not shoot them down over something as pointless as a lousy frigging grammatical error. Some Marines seem to forget that we all had to earn the title, and we once did not "rate" either at one point in our lives. I mean for god's sake it does get old sometimes seeing my fellow Marines constantly get so touchy over something that pointless, life is way to short.

Maybe this should be a separate thread, I don't know. Anyway, that's my 2 fvcking cents on this subject. I've pulled an extremely long and difficult fvcking shift today at the station and I'm tired as Hell and had some very stressful calls and I'm not in a good mood. That's all I've got to say on this one. Now I'm hitting the rack and going to sleep.

Agreed CPL.... Glad someone finally said it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    lol, that made my day

Credits
    Savings
    Just got back from Illinois, didn't get too take the ASVAB or go too MEPS, they were too full. Too many people enlisting right now in every branch i guess.

Anyway, after talking too my recruiter i found out i have not been disqualified just yet, that was a mis-communication. They are still debating the issue for me and i owe my recruiter my life for pushing for me so hard. Odds are they are still going too disqualify me, but there is still hope.

He is currently trying too figure out if a waiver is possible, and if not if there is anything i can do too make the scar less noticeable. (then we joked around about using Neosporin and Coco butter)

I once again want too thank everybody for the information given, and want too say if the Marines will give me a chance, I will not disappoint.

Alright then... on too sit-ups i go

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Good luck to you.
    Problem he has is he was born 40 years to late. When I joined in 67. I had a tatoo on the back of both hands, on both forearms, and both shoulders. Of course we only made about 70 dollars a month. And the Corps had to get as many Marines as they could for Nam. I am not knocking M.C. policy. But we were told many times we wernt there for a beauty contest. Marines are supposed to be professional killers. Not poster men for Chip and Dales. In a fire fight I wouldnt give a damn how many tatoos the Marine in the hole with me had. I didnt represent the Corps with my good looks. I represented the Corps with my M-60. And it didnt care about my tatoos. Neither did the gooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Problem he has is he was born 40 years to late. When I joined in 67. I had a tatoo on the back of both hands, on both forearms, and both shoulders. Of course we only made about 70 dollars a month. And the Corps had to get as many Marines as they could for Nam. I am not knocking M.C. policy. But we were told many times we wernt there for a beauty contest. Marines are supposed to be professional killers. Not poster men for Chip and Dales. In a fire fight I wouldnt give a damn how many tatoos the Marine in the hole with me had. I didnt represent the Corps with my good looks. I represented the Corps with my M-60. And it didnt care about my tatoos. Neither did the gooks.
    Exactly ZZ !

Thread Information