Disqualified for scarification on wrist - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    again i apologize if i seem disrespectful. That is not my intent. I just need this information and thought the pleasantries would be better left unsaid

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    No one ever intends to be disrespectful, it just happens.
    valid point

Credits
    Savings
    i understand you are all my superiors. You have all made it, and i haven't. which is why i've come too this site for guidance. the past 4 years i've been preparing for the marines, too straighten up my life, and because of something i did when i was 16 is preventing me from that. I NEED too find a way around this and your wisdom and experience may hold the answer.

or maybe i'm just doing this for no reason at all, either way i'm not just going too give up 8 hours after hearing the bad news.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Josh, none of us are your superiors.
    It's all in how someone initially comes across, is all.
    No one is lording the idea that they are in or were in and you're not.
    Maybe there is a way around this. There are some other tattoo threads on Ask A Marine, if you can take a look there. I'm not sure if they address your exact issue or not. Maybe speak to another recruiter.
    There are a couple of active duty recruiters right on this forum who may be able to fill you in on exactly what the Corps can/cannot/will/will not do about that policy.
    Be patient and wait for one of them to show up here and try to give you some guidance.
    Thanks, i'm just upset because my whole life i've wanted this, and now i'm so close just too have the door slammed in my face. I'm going too need the most information possible if i'm going too find a way around this policy with my situation. i was told not too even tell them about it, but i'm not about too get charged with fraudulent enlistmentment.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineInMaking View Post
    well i apologize if it seems strange too you, it just seems a little strange too me that a perfectly healthy and bright young man would be disqualified for such a small thing. The whole reason behind the tattoo rule is so that the corps. looks more professional (or so I've been told) which in this case, it's completely invisible too the naked eye unless pointed out and looked at closely under good lighting.

I'm looking for information, not judgment or your opinions.
    That's Corps......not corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    That's Corps......not corps.
    sorry, still learning

sorry, still learning
    Don't sweat it there are Marines on here that misspell it.

"It was done with a tatoo gun with no ink" DUHHHHHHHHHH.

Here's your answer again. The Recruiter was given a NO per MEPS, the Recruier relayed the message he got from MEPS to you and the answer is NO. Go to another branch of the military if that is your niche.

You have to understand that the Marine Corps does not need you to enlist. If you are being disqualified, then that is the end. Maybe the order will change sometime in the future, however right now you're SOL. The Marine Corps says no and there is nobody here that is going to help you fight it. As it turns out, the Marine Corps has been around quite awhile and has established an effective system for recruiting Marines. The qualifications are there for a reason and if you don't meet them, then you don't meet them. Cause and effect plays out in every aspect of everyones life. You thought it was cool to have your little "tattoo" and now you are seeing the effects of it when you're all grown up.

Must be nice to have never done anything wrong in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryttBold View Post
    Must be nice to have never done anything wrong in your life.
    I really hope this isn't an attempt to discredit my post. If so, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    I really hope this isn't an attempt to discredit my post. If so, let me know.
    Want to take it outside ? Oh yea right this is the internet !

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    How can a post be discredited by a comment?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    You have to understand that the Marine Corps does not need you to enlist. If you are being disqualified, then that is the end. Maybe the order will change sometime in the future, however right now you're SOL. The Marine Corps says no and there is nobody here that is going to help you fight it. As it turns out, the Marine Corps has been around quite awhile and has established an effective system for recruiting Marines. The qualifications are there for a reason and if you don't meet them, then you don't meet them. Cause and effect plays out in every aspect of everyones life. You thought it was cool to have your little "tattoo" and now you are seeing the effects of it when you're all grown up.

yes i was a teenager once, and still am learning life. I wasn't born with a silver stick up my ass. I had too learn my lessons myself and through my own mistakes, and it's made me into the man i am today. I wouldn't change one second of what i did, and if i could go back in time and stop myself from getting this on my wrist, i wouldn't. It's a part of my personal history that i will cherish the rest of my life. It is of no concern to me whether or not you approve.

i have considered Navy, but if anything will get me into the Marines then i will find it out. I'm not giving up on this so easily, which seems too be the popular answer

and the rule seems ridiculous to me. yes, but that is my opinion. I'm sure there's very good reason behind the rule, but I will find a way past it if there is one.
    If you are man enough and intelligent there is a way to be with the Marine Corps by joining the Navy. Think about it........................

Thread Information