Disqualified for scarification on wrist - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Sorry you had a bad day; hope you feel better after your sleep.

It's called attention to detail. Some people happen to put a lot of stock in it and others just think it's being touchy. Some people "let the little things go" and some don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Obviously, most of the poolees/wannabes are not old enough to read the forum rules or use a spellchecker or they wouldn't need to be corrected so often. You may not care if they know the proper way to capitalize Marine or Marine Corps but I do and whenever I can I will educate them (that's how senior Staff NCO's and career Marines operate but I wouldn't expect a corporal to understand that as they have not reached that level of leadership).

Have a better day tomorrow.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 04-01-11 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Dumped the rant, left the pertinent information

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Sorry you had a bad day; hope you feel better after your sleep.

It's called attention to detail. Some people happen to put a lot of stock in it and others just think it's being touchy. Some people "let the little things go" and some don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Obviously, most of the poolees/wannabes are not old enough to read the forum rules or use a spellchecker or they wouldn't need to be corrected so often. You may not care if they know the proper way to capitalize Marine or Marine Corps but I do and whenever I can I will educate them (that's how senior Staff NCO's and career Marines operate but I wouldn't expect a corporal to understand that as they have not reached that level of leadership).

Have a better day tomorrow.
    , Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Problem he has is he was born 40 years to late. When I joined in 67. I had a tatoo on the back of both hands, on both forearms, and both shoulders. Of course we only made about 70 dollars a month. And the Corps had to get as many Marines as they could for Nam. I am not knocking M.C. policy. But we were told many times we wernt there for a beauty contest. Marines are supposed to be professional killers. Not poster men for Chip and Dales. In a fire fight I wouldnt give a damn how many tatoos the Marine in the hole with me had. I didnt represent the Corps with my good looks. I represented the Corps with my M-60. And it didnt care about my tatoos. Neither did the gooks.
    Agreed ..

For sure! A lot of what the Corps used to be about has changed from what we knew.

God Bless you, Mongoose

Good luck young man.

I agree in part with some of what you said.
    We should realize that everyone makes errors such as in spelling, punctuation, choice of words, etc. However, sometimes it is not a mistake or error, but ignorance. How will a person learn if he is never corrected when he is in error? Granted, it should be done in a respectful way, but I think it should be done.
    We should be respectful in dealing with poolees and future recruits. They are the future of our Corps. However, I do not advocate overlooking an arrogant 'wannabe' under any circumstances.
    Life is indeed too short. But, is that reason enough to just start making compromises on matters that are correct.
    As John Wayne said, "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid".
    By the way, I was not like all of these guys that you are defending prior ro joining the Corps. As a matter of fact, I wasn't like most of them.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 04-01-11 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Dumped rant

Quote Originally Posted by MarineInMaking View Post
    I apologize if I seem a little sensitive, it's just my whole future depends on getting into the Marines. I assure that I'll take any good news along with the bad, however i think the thread was getting a little off topic when the debate of whether scarification is considered a tattoo or normal. That's not the information i'm looking for.

Again i'm new too forums and apologize for posting under the wrong category, I've read the rules now (didn't see them before)

I'm trying not too sound like an *******, but i'm an ******* by nature so apologies.
    Simple rule of thumb son; if your uniform does not cover it, it has no place in the United States Marine Corps.

Pick a Marine, any Marine, and you have picked EVERY Marine.

While we all have our individual personalities, we are all one. To those that don't know us, we all look the same, we all act the same. It's one of the basic strengths of the Corps.

Standing out among Marines is exceptional. Standing out AS a Marine is not acceptable.

My personal advice, heat up an iron, rub it all over that thing, claim it as a burn scar, and try again.

It may or may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Good post, tracs..CPlBurke is usually a pretty helpful guy, to be honest with you. When he said he was having a bad day, I believe him, and I also believe his post was out of character for him, we all feel like posting those posts sometimes.
    People drive us to it. LOL. More so lately than ever, it seems. Take a look in the Ask A Marine section. For every legit question, there are an equal number of BS questions and scenarios posted.
    But, you made some good points. I chalk up Burke to just having a bad day, nothing more.
    I believe that CplBurke was expressing his opinion, which is certainly his right. I agree with part of what he said, just not all of it. That is my opinion and my right. I don't doubt for a moment that he is a good guy, after all he is a Marine and he is a Cpl. And that is, coincidentally, two of my favorite accomplishments in my life.

1: Opinions have ZERO place in this section RE: What another Marine posts. Making corrections is part of our job. You don't like it? Well, take it to PM's. Period.

2: This is the LAST time I want to see one Marine calling another Marine out in front of poolees. The next time it happens, I don't care WHO you are, you'll get a week in the box.

Closed for the good of the order, and moved to the PROPER section.

Thread Information