DQ'ed by MEPS
Create Post

Thread: DQ'ed by MEPS

DQ'ed by MEPS

Was trying to enlist, but MEPS said to try again in 4 months because of a surgery I had 2 months ago. I was hoping since it was minor and outpatient that I wouldn't have to wait, but now I'm not eligible until July 14. At least it's not a permanent, but I'm still pretty bummed.

I had the same issue when I enlisted. Just wait and you should have no problems. Stay in touch with your recruiter, stay active and keep motivated because your time will come. Four months ain't that long.

Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    I had the same issue when I enlisted. Just wait and you should have no problems. Stay in touch with your recruiter, stay active and keep motivated because your time will come. Four months ain't that long.
    Problem is I'll have to change recruiters. I'm in Philadelphia now for school. By the time I'm eligible I'll be home in Maryland. So I gotta do all the paperwork again. But as long as there are no more problems I'll deal with it.

What kind of surgery did you have?
    It wouldn't hurt and just to be on the safe side, make sure you get a copy of all the paperwork that your current recruiter has on you now so you can give to your new recruiter when you get to Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    What kind of surgery did you have?
    It wouldn't hurt and just to be on the safe side, make sure you get a copy of all the paperwork that your current recruiter has on you now so you can give to your new recruiter when you get to Maryland.
    I had a varicocelectomy. And I will.

My recruiter said I can still work with him from home so all I can do now it wait and continue to stay in shape.

Also, be sure to get all paperwork on the surgery if you don't already have it, along with a letter written and signed by your surgeon or doctor stating his opinion on your condition in 4 months time. This stuff all looks good if a waiver is required by BUMED.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    Also, be sure to get all paperwork on the surgery if you don't already have it, along with a letter written and signed by your surgeon or doctor stating his opinion on your condition in 4 months time. This stuff all looks good if a waiver is required by BUMED.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I got all that stuff already. Hopefully there will not be any problems when the time comes. I have another follow up for the surgery in a month, so I can get an additional note stating I'm okay.

I heard some people signing up for a 3 year active/5 year IRR contract. Do those really exist and are they hard to get?

Here is what I don't understand. I don't know if MEPS said the 6 mont wait or my recruiter just assumed it. Either way, my recruiter won't work with me until july.

If I held off on the surgery, I would have went to MEPS, they would see my issue and that it qualified for the medical remedial enlistment program. That way I would have shipped for recruit training and receive the surgery from the government before I start training. They would give me up to 8 weeks to recover.

Why do I have to wait 6 months to enlist when their own policy says I would be physically qualified for training after 8 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Ask MEPS and your recruiter. I figure that if they are the ones that told you, then they might be the ones who could answer the questions as to why they decided it that way. They would know, one would certainly hope.
    Whenever I call my recruiter, he either doesn't answer, or answers and says he will call back and doesn't. I called MEPS and they won't talk to me.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrowley23 View Post
    Whenever I call my recruiter, he either doesn't answer, or answers and says he will call back and doesn't. I called MEPS and they won't talk to me.
    Listen carefully, 'Go to his office'. Talk face to face.

With all the machine gun posts you are making here I would say you have become a pain in the asss. Slacken up!

Thread Information