Dead Maine Marine Had Gunshot Wound
Create Post

RIP Marine

If this was a suicide, wish he had sought out help, if it was murder, hope they find the bastards.

http://www.kpho.com/news/27326891/detail.html

KPHO.com

Related To Story
    Cpl. Joshua Barron

POSTED: 4:24 pm MST March 25, 2011
    UPDATED: 4:44 pm MST March 25, 2011

YUMA, Ariz. --
    Authorities said a U.S. Marine from Maine found dead this week in a southwestern Arizona irrigation canal had a gunshot wound to the head.

Yuma police officials announced Friday that they've taken over the investigation into the death of 22-year-old Cpl. Joshua Barron.

His civilian-clothed body was discovered Monday in a Yuma canal by a farmer. Barron was reporting missing March 16 when he failed to show up for work.

Barron was stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, where he was a Harrier jet mechanic. He lived off base.

Yuma County sheriff's officials had said Tuesday that foul play wasn't suspected. Yuma police said Friday that circumstances surrounding Barron's death remain under investigation.

An autopsy was completed Wednesday by the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office and results are pending.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Cpl. I remember seeing this article. Also wasn't there another Marine who went UA for 10 days in the same area and walked back on base a few days before this Marine disappeared?

It's a tragedy either way it happened

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Cpl. I remember seeing this article. Also wasn't there another Marine who went UA for 10 days in the same area and walked back on base a few days before this Marine disappeared?

It's a tragedy either way it happened
    Yes sir, I remember that too, just not 100% sure of all the details though. But yes, definitely a tragedy regardless.

Regardless , Prayers to the Family !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

Credits
    Savings
    Here is the other article.

"The sergeant missing since Feb. 14 has returned to Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Ariz., and turned himself in to authorities, base officials confirmed Thursday morning.Sgt. Jonathan Kyle Ferguson, 22, walked onto the base at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. He called his family before returning, according to a MCAS Yuma press release.
    Military and federal law enforcement officials had already launched one ground search for the Marine, who disappeared after leaving a Yuma restaurant. They had planned to conduct a second search on Thursday.
    Ferguson’s family in West Monroe, La., had told authorities they did not think he had gone on an unauthorized absence.
    The Marine is now being questioned by authorities with the Navy Criminal Investigative Service."

Here is the other article.

"The sergeant missing since Feb. 14 has returned to Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Ariz., and turned himself in to authorities, base officials confirmed Thursday morning.Sgt. Jonathan Kyle Ferguson, 22, walked onto the base at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. He called his family before returning, according to a MCAS Yuma press release.
    Military and federal law enforcement officials had already launched one ground search for the Marine, who disappeared after leaving a Yuma restaurant. They had planned to conduct a second search on Thursday.
    Ferguson’s family in West Monroe, La., had told authorities they did not think he had gone on an unauthorized absence.
    The Marine is now being questioned by authorities with the Navy Criminal Investigative Service."
    Thanks for finding this Commander.

Thanks for posting this and like you all it is a tradedy and my prayers go out to the family.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Butch for reminding me. A young Marine has passed away. RIP Marine, may God give comfort to your family

Credits
    Savings
    Cpl your profile says you live in Phoenix. I have a vacation home in Surprise. I know Yuma is pretty isolated so I'm thinking there is something going on down there. Things just aren't right. Drug smuggling, meth labs I don't know but it's "hinky" at best

Cpl your profile says you live in Phoenix. I have a vacation home in Surprise. I know Yuma is pretty isolated so I'm thinking there is something going on down there. Things just aren't right. Drug smuggling, meth labs I don't know but it's "hinky" at best
    Yes, I live in Phoenix, close to the edge of the city boundary with Glendale. My wife is from Litchfield Park, its pretty close to Surprise and Luke AFB. We do a lot of training with the Surprise and El Mirage Fire Departments. Its really shooting up out that way and growing. Yeah, we've been dealing with the drug problem and smuggling constantly here. It is just getting out of hand now. I've been in Arizona for 7 years and I'm still not used to the triple digit heat haha. I'm from Wyoming myself, so its definitely a change.

Thread Information