Wannabe
Create Post

Thread: Wannabe

Wannabe

Hi all. I've been wantin to join the Corps for a long while but I kept puttin off exercising and losing weight. I kept tellin myself that I'd start the next day or at the beginning of the next week. Basically just bein unmotivated. Well, I'm sick of puttin it off and decided not to any more. Today I started for real. Dieting and a bit of exercise to start with because I've read and heard that if you do too much or run too much at a high weight that you can screw your knees up. I also ordered a BodyBugg awhile back to track my caloric burn and intake. Any advice y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Well done. Perseverance will be the key to this....best I can tell you.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, get with a personal trainer. A professional will educate you on how to get in shape so even if you don't stick with them you'll know how to do it on your own.

Thanks Marines. I know it'll be a lot of hard work, and a personal trainer isn't really in the cards for me right now. I'm settin little goals and after I reach that goal I'm gonna set another one. I did have a question though, do y'all think I should wait till I get to 26% body fat to see a recruiter? I went last year to a couple PT sessions but I had to stop because of mandatory over time at work and I just didn't go back. Mainly because I didn't want to hold the poolees up. I was the last one done except for this one guy in a couple of exercises. I've read a ton so I know a lot of the things that I'll need to know info wise. Took the ASVAB in high school and got an 80, but it's been too long to just use that one so I'll have to take it again. I know that I don't really need to worry too much about that until I get down to weight though. Just about any input is appreciated.

Thread Information