Travel Reimbursment
Create Post

Travel Reimbursment

I've taken my Dad to the VA hospital twice this month and would like to save them some gas money if I can get their mileage reimbursed(50 miles each way). The hospital is pretty much just a controlled chaos scene so I figured I would check in here to see if anyone has the scoop on the process(Forms, POC etc).Thanks for the help.

Update:
    Maybe I R dumb and this was common knowledge or maybe nobody knew but here is what happens: If you are going to a VA facility for treatment of a SC disability you are authorized re-imbursement for travel expenses($.41/mile at this time). Go to your appt., after appt. go to "travel" window and give them ID card requesting reimbursement for mileage.Wait a few minutes and get a voucher from them to take to cashier.Collect $$ and go home. If you live close by its not a big deal but if you live 60 miles away (each way like I do) it works out to about enough to cover fuel cost.If you go to the VA several times in a month it can really help with the out of pocket expenses.

Good info buddy. My VA trips were costing me its about 20 miles for me one way. Thanks!

Thread Information