Fainting - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fainting

Oh yes I'm definitely going to.

UPDATE:

Ran 30min no sign of dizziness.

Physical this coming Tuesday confirmed. Will keep you Marines updated. Thanks once again!

Just a quick input to a question you hand. The government will not pay for you to go because technically you are not part of the government yet. I don't know about MEPs but I highly doubt it because they have no reason for it.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Here's what is amazing to me. Dizziness being a symptom of something potentially serious, and it occurs doing regular exercises, and the doctor isn't the very first person sought, it is a forum.
    That amazes me.
    If you had to call 911, would you come to a Marine site first and see if there would be anything they could do?
    It's just amazing that we are so helpless these days.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A little tip from an ex-paramedic. Cold weather, plus poor cardio-fitness (and/or other cardio problems) can lead to shortness of breath, possible chest pains, and if an underlying heart condition is present, either a heart attack or an arrhythmia problem can occur.

Shortness of breath and/or a sudden vasodilation of blood vessels as a result of your brain trying to maintain your body temperature, can cause the fainting. Not enough oxygen to the old brain.

Dressing for the weather and improving your cardio-fitness can help a lot. However, the advice from other Marines to see a doctor is right on.

When I was working ambulances (in Michigan) we knew that after a snow fall, we were going out on cardiac runs sooner or later that day. Always.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    But wouldn't someone just see a doctor asap? Just to be sure?

He said he has an appointment on Tuesday.

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply.

I had my appointment and had EKG, blood test and all of that. Everything turned out to be normal. Thank you guys for your concern!

I have also gone to MEPS and taken my oath. I am now a Poolee! Shipdate June 13th 2011! So very excited!

Thank you sir! I will do my absolute best!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Excellent news, Teyu. Make sure you're dressed for the weather AND had something to eat before you go out for PT.

Good luck with everything.

Thank you sir for your comments! I will be shipping out to San Diego so weather shouldn't be a problem

Glad to hear everything turned out to be OK for you.
    And as Zulu already mentioned to you, make sure you're dressed for the weather AND had something to eat before you go out for PT.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you Ma'am!

Thread Information