AD Marine Officer & Child Custody problem - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Lt. remember that in cases like this the only winners are the lawyers, and the loser usually ends up being the child.
    Sadly Gunny that is the truth in most cases. The only time it isn't is when both parents are reasonable, take the time to discuss matters and put the well fare of their child above all else.

FYI, UT....you just got several THOUSAND dollars of FREE legal advice.

I will tell you as someone who works these cases from a different angle, that much of what you put in your initial post...is correct.

Expect a long, uphill slog until one of you run out of money. And in the end, the kid suffers.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    FYI, UT....you just got several THOUSAND dollars of FREE legal advice.

I will tell you as someone who works these cases from a different angle, that much of what you put in your initial post...is correct.

Expect a long, uphill slog until one of you run out of money. And in the end, the kid suffers.
    I appreciate all of the advice. I am prepared as best I can to fight her over this custody issue as much as I have to. I intend to win and get my boy and be in his life. I realize he suffers and his needs and welfare are paramount, but I refuse to not be a part of his life.

And I certainly didn't mean to suggest that you SHOULDN'T fight. But you need honest, no BS advice going in so you know what you are getting into.

This is going to be....unpleasant at the best.

I agree you are in for a very nasty ugly battle.... Never heard of courts in Japan handling American child custody cases though. But yeah, I would definitely get a hold of a lawyer in Texas. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLBurkeD View Post
    I agree you are in for a very nasty ugly battle.... Never heard of courts in Japan handling American child custody cases though. But yeah, I would definitely get a hold of a lawyer in Texas. Good luck.
    Yeah I thought it was really strange about their courts too.

I feel for you brother. I've been fighting for four years for rights to see my kids. It is tiring and gut wrenching, but as the Marine Corps taught me, I will NEVER back down from a fight. In my case unfortuneately is that she has unlimited resources and her father is an attorney. But I will go to the grave fighting for my kids. I talked to my old CO about this, and he said look for a way to out flank her. Weird as it sounds, I did, and he was right. I found a whole lot of chinks in the armor! Good luck Brother! Don't give up.

While I wish you good luck, I also know that there's a lot more than luck involved here. I hope you're able to get in contact with that attorney suggested by Dave2571 and if not that one another one in Texas very soon. Remember also that the mother will probably try to paint you in the worst possible light so don't do anything rash. Watch what you say(and type), and who you say it to, Don't give her anything to use against you. I'm praying for you and your son.

Semper Fi...

From what I've heard, Texas always sides with the mother on everything. Guess they are pretty old-fashioned in the Lone Star State still when it comes to some things.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Im very proud to call all of you Marine brothers, even you Dan. This is what we do best. We take care of each other despite our individual beliefs and convictions. Its an Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan B View Post
    From what I've heard, Texas always sides with the mother on everything. Guess they are pretty old-fashioned in the Lone Star State still when it comes to some things.
    Unless the mother doesn't want custody or the father can prove her unfit for full custody...that's typically how it goes.

Credits
    Savings
    Well I appreciate everyone's help and advice. I have contacted a few lawyers in Texas as well as the one that Dave suggested. I am still in the process of figuring everything out and how I'm going to proceed. I also am getting a power of attorney so my mom and dad can assist me with this too back home, since it might be hard sometimes given the fact I'm here on Oki. And Dan, we aren't all old-fashioned in Texas. We just are kinda set in our ways I suppose. My main concern though above anything is the welfare of my boy and I'm gonna do everything in my power to make sure he isn't traumatized be this whole thing, regardless how ugly it gets.

This unfortunately is an instance where Lady Justice is not blind and should be.

Suggest you get a cheap hit man.

Credits
    Savings
    Been a while since I've been on here. Anyway I got a letter from attorney saying that our son wants to be with her and her only and wants nothing to do with me. I have a feeling he is being brainwashed by her. She is crazy anyway, so nothing would surprise me. Well I am going to get my boy back in my life, even if I have to resign my commission to do it.

Thread Information