Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonFarlon View Post
    Aye Sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    I don't think so...........

LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    That should be done by private message, not in front of poolees. It encourages disrespect, which is prevalent enough as it is.
    And had I been your recruiter, "dude" would've been used just once.
    I called mine dude, bro and jokingly dickhead more than a few times. Haters gonna hate, civilians gonna civil.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPhoneIsMine View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

I called mine dude, bro and jokingly dickhead more than a few times. Haters gonna hate, civilians gonna civil.

I've been called "dude," "man," "guy," and more at my current billet. For applicants that have been selected and are going to OCS, I try to take them aside and give them a brief class on customs and courtesies so they don't get railed at training. For individuals in the application process, I don't really care. However, a prior-enlisted Air National Guardsman did it recently and my blood boiled. Its one thing when a poolee/applicant has no idea about customs and courtesies; they will learn it later on, but when a member of the Armed Services comes into our office, interested in becoming a Marine Officer, refers to me and my colleagues as "dude" and says "What's up Lieutenant!?"..... absolutely unacceptable.

If he has no respect for the rank or the position, I don't think we should assist him by providing the opportunity to earn that rank and position.
    However, that is not my decision to make.

that makes sense. even now I'll refer to someone I know is an officer even out of uniform in the proper manner until they say otherwise, which they usually do. the exception is all of my friends that commissioned and I've known since any of us took any kind of oath

Quote Originally Posted by YourPhoneIsMine View Post
    that makes sense. even now I'll refer to someone I know is an officer even out of uniform in the proper manner until they say otherwise, which they usually do. the exception is all of my friends that commissioned and I've known since any of us took any kind of oath
    That's what I'd always done when I was a candidate, and always do with senior officers.

Quote Originally Posted by UMDStudent24 View Post
    That's what I'd always done when I was a candidate, and always do with senior officers.
    LOL.... LT don't even talk to that poolee. Speaking to an officer would assuredly make his head explode!

Thread Information