Pentagon's Top Doc Shakes Up Tricareville
Create Post

Cool Pentagon's Top Doc Shakes Up Tricareville

By Robert F. Sawallesh
    03 September 2002
    www.pentagonmaverick.com

Tricare, which is probably the most complicated and fraud infested health care plan and operation ever developed by the Pentagon has taken some very recent hits by the Pentagon's top Doc. The marriage of the Military Health System (MHS) and the Tricare contractors could be on the rocks. Is it time to collect the DoD building passes of the Tricare advocates and show them the exit signs? That time is past due.

A recent Pentagon memorandum dated 19 July 2002, no doubt had the Pentagon concourse, car pools, buses, hallways, sit down snack bars, cafeterias, senior executive lunch rooms and the Army, Navy Country Club buzzing with Facts and Rumors (FAR) on Tricare.

"Effective immediately, I will serve in dual capacity as both the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) and as the Director, TMA," so stated the ASD for Health Affairs who arrived at the Pentagon in September. TMA of course stands for the "Tricare Management Activity." The above quote no doubt sent shock waves through the Pentagon right down to the wallets of the Tricare contractors.

To read the above ASD:HA MEMORANDUM FOR HEALTH AFFAIRS AND TRICARE MANAGEMENT ACTIVITY STAFFS, dated 19 July 2002, Subject: "Military Health Service Transformation: Strategic Objectives and Leadership Roles," go to <<http://www.af-pharmacists.org/Public...ation_memo.pdf>>.

Sempers,

Roger

Cool Subject: VA Secretary Principi Says "Enough"

Although insurance reimbursements are cascading into the Department of Veterans Affairs' coffers, Veterans Affairs Department secretary Anthony Principi is talking of suspending enrollment of lower-priority veterans into the health-care system, and capping the number of veterans who can enroll, or limiting annual open enrollment periods. The department floated the idea (rejected by Congress) of a $1,500 deductible for higher- income beneficiaries. The VA has told its network directors to stop marketing for new patients. Here are a few reasons why:

-Since 1995, the number of VA enrollees for medical care has shot up from 2.9 million to more than 6 million, with total beneficiaries heading to more than 8 million by 2006 and almost 9 million by 2012.

- From 1995 to now, the VA's annual budget for medical care has climbed only 32 percent, from $16.2 billion to $21.4 billion.

-Veterans with no service-connected disabilities and higher incomes are flocking in for 30-day prescriptions at $7.

- With the addition of a lower-rung priority group of non-service-connected veterans, such beneficiaries make up 33 percent of all enrollees, with a projected jump to 42 percent by 2010.

Sempers

Roger

Cool Subject: President to sign-off on funding!

Hello:
    This past Saturday I met with my Congressman Thomas Petri (R) and talked to him about the funding for concurrent receipt. At first I caught him off guard and he did not want to comment. I asked him point blank, "Will the President agree to fund concurrent receipt funding?" a yes or no answer please. I was told that Bush will sign-off on the House version not the Senate version.

My Congressman is a friend of Bush so I have no reason to believe that Petri would give me false hope. From what I understand from talking to others is that the Senate version will be put on the back burner until the next Congress in 2003.

The House version is a start as we have made progress, 89,000 + will start to receive their $750.00 military retirement check starting in January 2003.
    Thought all of you would like to hear this bit of information.
    Tom Skaug

Sempers

Roger

Cool To our members of Veterans Alumni Association

Today is VJ Day. "Victory in Japan" On September 2, 1945 at 0908, the formal surrender of the Japanese Imperial Government, the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters, and all Japanese and Japanese-controlled armed forces wherever located, was signed aboard the battleship USS Missouri (BB-63). This is one of the great Historical moments of our time.

Veterans Alumni Association, http://www.veteransalumni.com/cgi-bin/welcome has posted an informational link on our site for anyone who wants to learn more about this major event. Also available on our website is the opportunity for the veteran or relatives of veterans to search our database for upcoming reunions, post their individual stories, and enter their names into our database, incase one of their "buddies" wants to contact them. There is also a message board and live chat so veterans can communicate "Online".

Veterans Alumni Association, was established in 1981 by a veteran, Mr. Tom Wagner. Its purpose is to help veterans in locating friends brought together while serving together in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard.

For more information Visit our web site or call or email to the following:
    PO Box 1427
    Foresthill, CA 95631

www.veteransalumni.com
    530-367-3818 - PHONE
    530-367-4140 - FAX
    info@veteransalumni.com

Sempers,

Roger

Thread Information