Yankee White security clearance? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Exactly what I did, but the poolee does not realize that google is his friend.

Lisa, why? Why delete the thead??
    Forget what I said about deleting the thread. I got busy with something else and wanted to edit my post, but the 5 minute rule ran out.

Hate that 5 minute rule...my brain housing group does not work that fast anymore.

Wish the powers that be would extend that out longer (I need at least an hour!).

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Friend of mine works in the nuke industry. He has a Q clearance which requires a Single Scope check. He's in and out of nuke plants all the time and before they "badge" him he had to under go the back ground check. He told me before 9/11 all they did was call his previous employer now the check goes back 10 years

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Forget what I said about deleting the thread. I got busy with something else and wanted to edit my post, but the 5 minute rule ran out.
    Lisa I've talked with some others and I think that 5 minutes has been shortened down to one minute. Kind of tough if you type like I do.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Lisa I've talked with some others and I think that 5 minutes has been shortened down to one minute. Kind of tough if you type like I do.
    Do a Preview Post before you Submit Reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    When I was the Security Chief with the Special Security Office, USCENTCOM J2, I had a GAMMA clearance (my ID badge was green and had a big G on it). Basically, with a GAMMA clearance, you can handle satellite images (I did not have a "need to know" so I did not actually look at any of the documents inside the cover sheet whenever I hand-carried them to the CINC).
    I am pretty sure this is on the NDA that you need to sign. Probably should edit anything with codewords.

Well, thanks for all your answers. I could have googled it, but wanted to hear from some Marines first hand as to the hierachy of security clearances, Yankee White, etc. In hindsight it was a good idea. I've pretty much got the general idea down so thanks once again. Can one of the mods close this thread? Most of it was helpful right off the bat, no reason to keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    I am pretty sure this is on the NDA that you need to sign. Probably should edit anything with codewords.
    From what I have seen on this thread there hasn't been any type of spillage. The various types of clearance levels and its subsystems, such as GAMMA, and whatnot are all unclassed. Just I think in the future those of us that have or have had accesses should probably abstain from talking even generally about it, just in case.

No violations that I can see here. Most of this stuff is out in the open nowadays anyway.

Working in Intelligence, I had TS/SCI with a crap ton of other 'special' letters and words after it LOL. Heck, there were some programs that I got "read into" where the first letter of the codeword was 'secret', and the rest of the word was TS. LOL. I about crapped when I heard that word in the public on a TV show (!!!) some years back. Now it's common knowledge. I guess technically I still can't say it since I signed the SF 50.

Haeby, that is good advice. When I was 'in the know' at my level, I never commented on news, since I couldn't remember half the time what I had read. Tried to 'forget' stuff I didn't need, which is why I can't remember crap nowadays LOL. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Naaaaahhhhhh......

Now, where did I put my keys.....?

They're probably in the ignition, with the doors locked.

Hmmmm......

Maybe it's 'classified'.

Sort Of Correct

Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    Yankee White is an administrative nickname that gets stamped on DD Form 1879 when you request clearance to work with or around the president or vice president because there is no specific item to check to note that you are obtaining a clearance to work around those people (per DODI 5210.87, Nov. 30, 1998). Though you will obtain a clearance upon approval, it is an administrative marking and that is it. Failure to obtain a security clearance means you can't work around the president/vice president. You basically have to fulfill the same requirements needed to obtain a clearance equivalent to the level of information that you may come in contact with while carrying out your duties. The highest classification is top secret, if anyone says otherwise then they either are blowing smoke up your butt or they don't know/understand the systems for classification. Lastly, I don't think any details, even if unclassified, regarding subsystems should really be discussed here on Leatherneck; if someone doesn't know already, then they probably don't really need to know.
    This is sort of correct. There is a sub-division with in "Top Secret" called "Compartmentalization" and further down to "Code Word"' A "Yankee White" Marine would have one of 4 "Yankee White" levels. "Yankee White One" is a "Top Secret with compartmental privileges with code word access" to all information that the President can access. That is the top type of clearance you can get.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tango One
    Please fill out your profile completely so other Marines know who they are talking to..

Thread Information