shoe inserts
Create Post

Thread: shoe inserts

shoe inserts

Hello Marines.

I have been searching around on this site and google about having shoe/boot inserts while at boot camp. I seem to just be getting a bunch of mixed answers. I read that you can buy them at the px, you can get them at receiving, family can send them to you, or you simply don't get them.
    The reason I ask is that when I run (long or short distances) with out shoe inserts, shortly after my ankles start to ache badly and sometimes the next morning, it is almost hard walk. But when I have my inserts in, run a lot longer and my ankles never hurt. I leave for MCRD San Diego 20120402. When I leave, would I beable to take them out my shoes and put them in my go-fasters? If not, will I beable to buy them or get them sent to me?
    Thanks for your time marines!

They wouldn't let us buy them or have them sent to me.. but my senior did make one exception for one recruit because his family kept sending them to him and his feet were jacked up... there's hope.. but remember... you're not special.. you're not gonna rate to be the only one using them unless maybe a doc says you have to.

Thank you for the reply. I just could never seem to find a direct answer.

Its one of those things that is dependant on the senior DI. But try it sneakily.. Dont put a target on your head, be in the shadows.

I will respond to a few of the things you heard. You can't get them at recieving. They aren't issued, so you don't get them. We didn't even make our first PX call till the end of the 2nd week. You really don't want anything sent to you except for letters. Trust me. There are some at the PX; however, it is entirely up to your drill instructors if you can get them or not. Your best bet is to ask your senior and hope you got a senior who plays the understanding father role, not the drunken beligerant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebecker View Post
    I will respond to a few of the things you heard. You can't get them at recieving. They aren't issued, so you don't get them. We didn't even make our first PX call till the end of the 2nd week. You really don't want anything sent to you except for letters. Trust me. There are some at the PX; however, it is entirely up to your drill instructors if you can get them or not. Your best bet is to ask your senior and hope you got a senior who plays the understanding father role, not the drunken beligerant one.
    Lol

Alright, ill see what I can do. Thank you thanks for the answer marines.

Thread Information